Silent Gaming Challange!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

authoratah

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
Well, I'm back on my feet again. Got a replacement motherboard, still waiting on the hard drive. The motherboard took a bit of a knock on the way here and the gigabyte heatsink came off, but I popped it back on again after chipping off the old compound.

I still haven't fixed the speakers. In fact, I was googling about, looking for a solution and this very thread came up in 9th place. I have RAID 5 now and the drive (labelled saga) is initialising for some reason. Says it'll be finished in 11 hours. What's it doing exactly?

Speakers though. How do I wire them? I have 4 wires coming out of the T7700 sub going into 3 wires that fit into the motherboard (p35c-ds3r). My best show so far has been 6 speakers sounding at once.

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
That is why I'll never do it. Minimal gains and high risks. I may consider RAID 0 if the funds and situation can support it sometime well in the future.

F34R1355

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
Use the switch on the back of the speakers to put it in 5.1 or 6.1 to what that does. The connectors that goto the computer gave me trouble with my onboard audio as well. I think they are a proprietary Creative thing if you look at the ones for the rear and side you will notice that they are split three times, instead of the normal two.