Review SilverStone SX750 Platinum SFX Power Supply Review

Feb 13, 2022
The review (and manufacturer website) says there are four 8-pin PCIe connectors. I wish I had read the review with enough attention at the time, as it says "only three sockets for EPS and PCIe cables".

I bought the PSU (and have been very happy with it earlier) but now later got "lucky" in the GPU drought with a GPU that wants three PCIe power cables. A dumb non-native speaker like me didn't realize there's a difference between socket and connector, especially when manufacturer site only uses word "connector". CPU eats one, so two are left. Sure, I can "power" all the GPU sockets when using the split-ended PCIe cable. But still I feel a bit uncomfortable reading the small print from manufacturer manual about maximum power draw and voiding warranty: "dual PCIe 8pin connectors that exceed 375W total power draw (300W from two PICe 8 pin connectors + 75W from PCIe motherboard slot)".

So far, things have worked well, GPU power draw stays just below 360W on high load. There are not many options for SFX-size PSU with so many PCIe sockets...

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS