SilverStone's Fortress FT05 Has 90-Degree Rotated Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagrantsoul

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Love the looks, but the one item that sways me time and time again is the cost and PITA of finding slim, slot-loading optical drives for a worthwhile cost.

maybe just mount a slim drive slightly out of sight instead?

I could be totally wrong in my thoughts.

Love the looks, but the one item that sways me time and time again is the cost and PITA of finding slim, slot-loading optical drives for a worthwhile cost.

Though I've never really looked for a slim drive, it appears that the pickings are just as slim and far more expensive by comparison to their chunkier kin. I like the idea of a relatively slim case like this and if I were in the market for one, I'd be worth a hard look. I'd have to get a new cooler though as my CM V6GT would have zero chance of fitting in that thing.

voodoochicken

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Link is to FT05, not previous Raven RV05

Also, for those looking for slim drives, you can usually pick up a used laptop drive cheap. Might need an adaptor, I needed one for a mini case awhile back.

Received mine today, availability is NOT 20th. they're already in stock at performance pcs :)

and I'll agree with the general comments, it's a bit over-priced, but still a beautiful case. now I'm gonna go back to taking my time building a custom-loop in it with EK's new dual 180mm rad :D

The3monitors

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
I love the looks of this case. But (and this is one big but) hard drives. I have 3 hd's in my current case I can fit 4 more ssd's along with the 2 I have in it already. Cmon give me a rack that will be of value.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006

Actually, the best way to get slim ODs is to buy an external slim OD, remove it from the external enclosure and get a slim adapter cable.

vagrantsoul

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010

hence my having my current build in a h440, just saying, putting the drive in there and having it be something to incur extra expense in materials up front, and back end by the drives costing more than avg, when they could have tucked it away or omitted it entirely.

woodscrews

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
this case is gorgeous, but would it have killed them to add a little bit more length so we can have a decent amount of HDD cases? its the one thing that keeps me from buying one of these silverstone cases, i love the idea of a 90 degree motherboard rotation and 180mm fans.

if you want that just get the FT02. still one of the BEST cases ever made

Status
Not open for further replies.