Simple Volume to Primary Partition

I have just installed and formatted an additional hard drive. I am using Win
XP Pro, SP2. In Computer Management, the new drive shows as Simple
volume/Dynamic. Can someone tell me how to change it to a Primary partition?
Thank you very much.

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:37:59 -0400, smtjs wrote:

> I have just installed and formatted an additional hard drive. I am using Win
> XP Pro, SP2. In Computer Management, the new drive shows as Simple
> volume/Dynamic. Can someone tell me how to change it to a Primary partition?
> Thank you very much.

A few ways to deal with this are mentioned in the following article:

Probably the most straight forward method is the first one - using XP setup
to delete the partition and recreate it as a basic disk.

There is also a way to convert the disk to basic using Disk Management:
How To Convert to Basic and Dynamic Disks in Windows XP Professional

Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User