[SOLVED] Since changing the GPU, I can't see the BIOS splash screen when booting up my PC ?

Mar 30, 2023
Just as the title states.
I recently changed to a 3060 TI from a GTX 1650 and ever since then I can't see the bios splash screen when booting the system: I can still access the bios pressing F12 but it's a little annoying not having the splash-screen.

My specs are: Ryzen 5 7600x
MSI VENTUS 2X RTX 3060 TI
Gigabyte B650M DS3H

If more info is needed I will help as much as I can.

I recently changed to a 3060 TI from a GTX 1650 and ever since then I can't see the bios splash screen when booting the system: I can still access the bios pressing F12 but it's a little annoying not having the splash-screen.

Gigabyte B650M DS3H

What power supply make and model and how old please.

Gigabyte B650M DS3H

If the bios still shows up then the only possibility is that the bios reset or changed settings in some manner.
The bios does have a setting for showing or hiding the splash, dis you try and change that to see if it shows up again?!

Mar 30, 2023
If the bios still shows up then the only possibility is that the bios reset or changed settings in some manner.
The bios does have a setting for showing or hiding the splash, dis you try and change that to see if it shows up again?!
Just checked and the option is "Show splash logo" is enabled. Tried disabling it, booting, enabling it again and booting again but nothing changed

DSzymborski

Titan
I have a Cooler Master MWE 750W 230V V2, bought at the start of March.

Not the problem here, but eek. If you're still within the usual 30-day return window, you should return this, because this is an unbelievably cheaply made PSU; it's basically an old junk PSU they slightly updated to be an old junk PSU that wasn't group-regulated. Has no business being paired with any of this hardware.

Frankly, this is a lot more urgent than the slight annoyance of not seeing the splash screen.

Mar 19, 2023
Check to make sure your cable is plugged into the primary output of the card, and not a secondary slot. some cards rely on windows to tell it which port to use after boot.

Mar 30, 2023
Not the problem here, but eek. If you're still within the usual 30-day return window, you should return this, because this is an unbelievably cheaply made PSU; it's basically an old junk PSU they slightly updated to be an old junk PSU that wasn't group-regulated. Has no business being paired with any of this hardware.

Frankly, this is a lot more urgent than the slight annoyance of not seeing the splash screen.
Oh, thank you for the heads up, just tried looking a little more into it and you're absolutely right. Will be the next purchase I make when I can

Mar 30, 2023
Check to make sure your cable is plugged into the primary output of the card, and not a secondary slot. some cards rely on windows to tell it which port to use after boot.
Can't find any info on that, but the GPU has 3x displayport and 1x HDMI port, and I'm using the hdmi to connect to the monitor since it has no displayport input