[SOLVED] Single channel memory in dual channel mod?

Daniel8

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
Hi, can I use memory, which has single channel configuration with another memory? Will be there big performance difference against 2 dual channel memories? Thank you.

Solution
Thank you for reply. So you think that some modules can't work with eachother? I didn't know that, thanks.

Yeah... that's a possibility.
Memory sold in kits is tested working beforehand. When you're buying the modules separately(even the same model) you're basically the one who's testing their compatibility.

As I said before, it's worth trying if you can return the module.

Daniel8

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
Post your full system specs first.

What modules are you trying to add and in what configuration?

Asus tuf gaming 15 fx505dt with ryzen 7 3750h (should support 2x16 GB dual channel, 2400MHz, DDR4), replecable 8 GB RAM (mta8atf1g64hz-3g2j1) already in and another slot for RAM, in which I would like to add RAM, which I'll buy, I think, I'll buy this one:
https://www.gskill.com/product/2/197/1540866931/F4-2400C16S-16GRS
(for something like 55 USD)

Thank you.

Asus tuf gaming 15 fx505dt with ryzen 7 3750h (should support 2x16 GB dual channel, 2400MHz, DDR4), replecable 8 GB RAM (mta8atf1g64hz-3g2j1) already in and another slot for RAM, in which I would like to add RAM, which I'll buy, I think, I'll buy this one:
https://www.gskill.com/product/2/197/1540866931/F4-2400C16S-16GRS
(for something like 55 USD)

Thank you.

Well... it's worth the shot if the module is returnable. That's because mixing and matching RAM is not guaranteed to work.

If the module will work you'll be running in dual channel.

Daniel8

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
Well... it's worth the shot if the module is returnable. That's because mixing and matching RAM is not guaranteed to work.

If the module will work you'll be running in dual channel.
Thank you for reply. So you think that some modules can't work with eachother? I didn't know that, thanks.

Yeah... that's a possibility.
Memory sold in kits is tested working beforehand. When you're buying the modules separately(even the same model) you're basically the one who's testing their compatibility.

As I said before, it's worth trying if you can return the module.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS