[SOLVED] single core score and multi core score are the same in ryzen 5 3600

jayadinesh

Commendable
Jul 13, 2019
I have recently brought a arctic frezzer duo 14 for my r5 3600 and after mounted it I have decided to run r23 single core and noted the temps but when I ran the multi core it took way took long and the results were unbelievable,
Single core score - 1228
Multi core score - 1225
I was shocked, then again I ran the multi core test and noticed that my core utilization was weird it was using only one core at 90-100% rest of them are at below 10%.
The problem here is I forgot to run the test on single and multi core prior the cooler swap because of that now I don't know whether I have broken any pins or not.
Is it possible that some cores might be disbled in the bois or I might have over tightend the cooler will but I think I have installed it correctly , I am not sure.
I have attached some photos of the HW info

https://ibb.co/1nQCqNG
https://ibb.co/tPxpCBv

specs of the PC
R5 3600
Arous b550 elite ax v2
8gbx2 3600mhz
crucial P1 1tb nvme

sorry for my bad english :(

Solution
I have found the issue, In the preferences the custom thread was turned on. It was set to 1 thread I should have seen it before.

Thank you all for your inputs
I have recently brought a arctic frezzer duo 14 for my r5 3600 and after mounted it I have decided to run r23 single core and noted the temps but when I ran the multi core it took way took long and the results were unbelievable,
Single core score - 1228
Multi core score - 1225
I was shocked, then again I ran the multi core test and noticed that my core utilization was weird it was using only one core at 90-100% rest of them are at below 10%.
The problem here is I forgot to run the test on single and multi core prior the cooler swap because of that now I don't know whether I have broken any pins or not.
Is it possible that some cores might be disbled in the bois or I might have over tightend the cooler will but I think I have installed it correctly , I am not sure.

specs of the PC
R5 3600
Arous b550 elite ax v2
8gbx2 3600mhz
crucial P1 1tb nvme

When running CB r23 test, do you see all 12 threads (squares) ?

Single core score - 1228
Multi core score - 1225

specs of the PC
R5 3600
Arous b550 elite ax v2
8gbx2 3600mhz
crucial P1 1tb nvme

Did you use thermal paste with the new cooler ? Are you sure it's mounted properly ?

It sounds like you need to take the new cooler off and make sure it's in contact with the CPU...sometimes people forget to remove the protective film over the thermal paste that ships already installed on a CPU cooler.

jayadinesh

Commendable
Jul 13, 2019
Did you use thermal paste with the new cooler ? Are you sure it's mounted properly ?

It sounds like you need to take the new cooler off and make sure it's in contact with the CPU...sometimes people forget to remove the protective film over the thermal paste that ships already installed on a CPU cooler.

Yes, I made sure that the cpu is seated properly on the socket and I belive I did not over tighten it and yes I have removed the warning sticker on the heatpipe contact area.

Yes, I made sure that the cpu is seated properly on the socket and I belive I did not over tighten it and yes I have removed the warning sticker on the heatpipe contact area.

I would still take it off and remount the cpu cooler just to be sure since that's the only thing you changed ? or is the 3600 new as well as the cooler ?

Have you looked in the BIOS to make sure the CPU is recognized correctly ? If it shows up in the BIOS ok how about in Windows system info ?

This may seem a silly question but you did select the multi-core test in R23 ?

jayadinesh

Commendable
Jul 13, 2019
I would still take it off and remount the cpu cooler just to be sure since that's the only thing you changed ? or is the 3600 new as well as the cooler ?

Have you looked in the BIOS to make sure the CPU is recognized correctly ? If it shows up in the BIOS ok how about in Windows system info ?

This may seem a silly question but you did select the multi-core test in R23 ?

1. It's a tidious process I'll do that if nothing works. The r5 3600 is like 6-7 months old.
  2. yes I think the cpu showed up perfectly, even the cinebench showed the cpu specs correctly.
  3. Yes as you can seee in the images I have attached, the multi and single core scores are the same.
One more you just have to click on the multi core to run the multi core test right? You don't have to enable any settings right?

If the only thing you've changed is the cpu cooler than as unlikely as it seems that has to be related in some way to the issue. I would remove the cooler and the cpu from the motherboard and re-install as if both are new. I would also unplug and reconnect all PSU leads to the motherboard on the off chance something was bumped and became loose during the cooler swap. After that I would look at the BIOS closely to make sure no cores are disabled and verify that Windows is seeing all 6 cores and 12 threads correctly. If everything looks good after these steps then monitor temps closely with Ryzen Master and make sure the cpu isn't thermal throttling for some unknown reason.

you are asking that the r23 test is rendering the image or whatever that it is doing, using 12 boxs right?.
In that case, I don't think so, it was only one box which is moving around.
Yes, it should show all 12 boxes moving around center, if it was only one that would mean it's running on one core/thread. Check again settings in CB and see if it's enabled to run on all cores.
What does Ryzen master shows ?

jayadinesh

Commendable
Jul 13, 2019
If the only thing you've changed is the cpu cooler than as unlikely as it seems that has to be related in some way to the issue. I would remove the cooler and the cpu from the motherboard and re-install as if both are new. I would also unplug and reconnect all PSU leads to the motherboard on the off chance something was bumped and became loose during the cooler swap. After that I would look at the BIOS closely to make sure no cores are disabled and verify that Windows is seeing all 6 cores and 12 threads correctly. If everything looks good after these steps then monitor temps closely with Ryzen Master and make sure the cpu isn't thermal throttling for some unknown reason.

Sorry for the late reply I was out of town for a while.

Sure I'll remount the cooler and check the cables but before that I'll check in the bios may be some cores are disables but the r23 showed 6 cores and 12 threads correctly.
I did not use the ryzen master I used HW monitor to monitor everything.

The wired thing is Now I remember I had seen that my temps did not go above 75 with the new cooler and same for the stock cooler also I think but I am not certain I would say 70% sure.
I'll use ryzen master to monitor the temps this time.

Thank you for your reply

jayadinesh

Commendable
Jul 13, 2019
Yes, it should show all 12 boxes moving around center, if it was only one that would mean it's running on one core/thread. Check again settings in CB and see if it's enabled to run on all cores.

Yes only one box moved for both the tests single and multi core. I'll chech the cinebench setting for anything related to core disable.

Thank you for your reply

Yes only one box moved for both the tests single and multi core. I'll chech the cinebench setting for anything related to core disable.

Thank you for your reply
Another thing to check.... open MSConfig (type it in Cortana search box), then Boot > Advanced Options and make sure the check box next to Number of Processors is cleared.

jayadinesh

Commendable
Jul 13, 2019
I have found the issue, In the preferences the custom thread was turned on. It was set to 1 thread I should have seen it before.

Thank you all for your inputs

Solution