Single player rpg games

sarimdesert

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
My looking for some good single player rpg's with the previous fighting system like in final fantasy, earthbound 1 and 2, phantasy star 1 and 2 i rly like the old rpg system the game doesnt have to be hi fi also if there is a game like dino crises 1 and 2 plx tell me....

plx dnt tell me to play cod cuz i h8 shooter games with war themes and dino crises to me was was gr8 cuz of its puzzles and stuff

sarimdesert

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
sry guyz cudnt reply pc gone for mantainence fr 3 days...... these are good games but they require a fast processor and a good graphics card to run under can u like give some games who have some less specefications? :p

you can get an idea by the fact that witcher 2,crysis and masseffect dont work on my pc

Zero_

Distinguished

Try Dungeon Siege II. Used to work well on my P4 with Radeon Xpress200 onboard graphics.

sarimdesert

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
Guyz it aint a very old pc im jst asking fr games with a little less requirement.... gta sanandreas can run on my pc without lag and in pakistan if ur computer can run sanandreas it is said to be a great computer.......... my specefications:

intel pentium 4 2.80GHz
2.79 GHz, 768 MB of ram
graphics card: nvidia geforce FX 5500

Zero_

Distinguished

I ran Dungeon Siege II on:

Intel Pentium 4 3.06GHz
512MB RAM
Onboard 128MB graphics (Radeon Xpress 200)

I believe yours is better, so try it out.

makokk

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
If you are into role playing games where your character has free will to make its own choices as to how the storyline will continue and enjoy the vampire world, then you should try the Vampire the masquerade: Redemption although there is a bit of a romance in there too.. It's a bit old so I think your pc will probably run it

An old but amazing game was Oni , which is a great combat game with a good storyline as well if you don't mind playing as a woman...

If your pc can run Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines that is the best game ever!! It starts with your turning into a vampire and choosing the Clan that you wish to be a part of. Each clan has its own skills and characteristics. They also have unique powers that are different for each clan. My fav are the Tremere which are the only ones using blood magic. Why axe your opponent's brains out when you can make his blood expode in his veins.. from a safe distance..
You choose how your character fights, swords,axes, guns, magic. you can choose whether you are a "good" vampire or a bad one.. how intelligent, persuasive , charismatic ect.. as you progress you earn exp points that you uses to raise your character's stats. you can even choose your own dialog and how your missions will end.

.. yes I love this game.. anw if your pc can run it...

makokk

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
min specs for VtM: Bloodlines

3D hardware accelerator card required - 100% DirectX® 9.0c-compatible 64MB video card and drivers
1.2 GHz Athlon(tm) or 1.2 GHz Pentium® III processor or higher
384MB of RAM (512MB of RAM recommended)
Microsoft® Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP
Quad-Speed CD-ROM drive (600 K/sec sustained transfer rate) and drivers
3.3 GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files and saved games (plus 1.4 GB for Windows® swap file)
100% DirectX® 9.0-compatible 16-bit sound card and drivers
100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP-compatible mouse, keyboard, and drivers
DirectX® 9.0c (Included)
Supported Chipsets for 98/ME/2000/XP:

All ATI® Radeon® Chipsets
All NVIDIA® GeForce(tm) Chipsets
Matrox® Parhelia(tm) Chipset

Try neverwinter nights, arcanum: of steamworks and magic obscura, elder scrolls 3: morrowind, vampire masquerade.

Another recommendation I can give you, go to gamespot.com, find a game that you liked that ran on your PC (use search) then look for similar game recommendations on the side. ;)

For me the best RPG games are as follows starting with my favorite:

Fallout 3
Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
Mass Effects 1
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1
Mass Effects 2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2
Fallout: New Vegas
Neverwinter Nights

Unfortunately, I've found Oblivion to be boring and I never completed the game. It was the 1st RPG game that I never completed. Based on my research Skyrim is very similar to Oblivion's gameplay style so I'm not sure if i will buy that game. Maybe if I see it on the $10 bargain bin I'll pick it up.

I also disliked Oblivion. I barely put more than, oh, 20 hours? I just found it boring... but Skyrim is very different. It's awesome. I put in 105 hours straight over 5 weeks before burning out lol. Now I'm waiting for some big mods before going back to it.

Hmm.... maybe I'll wait until the GOTY version comes out with all the DLCs.

I'm actually replaying Fallout 3 at the moment. Don't know why, but I just love playing FO3.

Also, I forgot to add the Baldur's Gate series to my list.

I agree with wolfram, I didn't like Oblivion that much either, though I still played through a couple times, but there were several things I disliked about it. Skyrim fixed most of what I disliked about Oblivion.

Since most of the traditional RPG's I know of are listed here, I'll mention a few hack and slashes.
Titan Quest and expansion
Diablo 1, 2 and 3
Torchlight 1 & 2

Then there is a turned based combat system game with lots of RPG elements, but combat is more like Chess.
King's Bounty and expansions.