Question Computer Unstable Under Heavy Load, does not recognize replacement.. multiple motherboards

Dec 28, 2022
So, I have a GTX 4090 that is unstable under heavy load - numerous BSODs. (Only photoshop or stable diffusion seem to crash the computer.)
I replaced the motherboard only to get the same results (although I'm nearly certain that needed to happen anyways, since that motherboard was also having issues with the 2nd hard drive.)

I then bought another GTX4090. Now, the BIOS absolutely refuses to recognize that one. I even tried a different PCI port (two bits of matter can occupy the same space.)
I put the old one back in and, viola, it works. Well, pretty much like it did at least.

I'm starting to suspect the processor, since that and the RAM are nearly the only things that have stayed the same in this "one" machine.
Can anyone offer any suggestions?

PS: Windows refuses to log BSOD's since I change the motherboard and reinstalled Windows. It never gets past 0% on the logging!!

Dec 28, 2022
Motherboard:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core Processor, 4501 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Product ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI

64 GB
DeviceLocator Manufacturer PartNumber
DIMM 0 Corsair CMK64GX5M2B5200C40
DIMM 1 Corsair CMK64GX5M2B5200C40
(Corsair Vengance DDR5)

wmic path win32_VideoController get name
Name
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics

Power Supply: EVGA 1000G3

(I'm assuming nobody cares about the fans.)

Is that sufficient? I'm happy to provide any more details if I am enlightened as to the nature of what you might need.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is the motherboard BIOS the most recent update available for it?

Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

What slots do you have your memory installed in? BTW, that memory is optimized for Intel CPUs, for AMD DDR5 you want to look for EXPO vice XMP (memory can support both).