Single Slot GTX 1050 Ti?

xXBananasXx

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
I'm wondering if anyone has heard of a Single Lot GTX 1050 Ti being released anytime soon? Due to my motherboard limitations I need them to be single slot width, I'd get a waterblock but $110 for a $140 is ridiculous.
Anyway hope someones heard something.

xXBananasXx

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015

Yeah i was looking at that, but it's not single slot. I saw a single slot rx 460 from HIS but I couldn't find any sort of pricing/purchasing information.

cside_cafe

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016

The successor model of "750Ti Single slot" will be announced soon
https://twitter.com/ELSA_JAPAN/status/806064969624133632

AdamPM

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
There is a Zotac 1050 Ti 4GB Mini available at Amazon, Newegg, and B&H that is single slot (although the cooler/fan is larger). Current price: $139.99.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

the zotac mini IS NOT single slot. it is short but is still double slot

here is a list with all the models i know of that have been released http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3047729/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1000-series-megathread-faq-resources.html#17902604 as you can see many short ones, including the MSI low profile one but they are all dual slot. if there is going to be a single slot card i have not sen it yet.

does not mean there won't be one, but so far i have not seen one. as you noted, the HiS 460 is the only single slot card from this new generation that i have seen so far. i sure hope there is one released. that twitter pic above links to a company that does not release outside of asia as far as i know. hopefully they will partner with someone and relase a similar model to the rest of the world.

AdamPM

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016

The fan increases the size of the card, but it has just one mounting slot: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500411&cm_re=ZOTAC_GeForce_GTX_1050_Ti_Mini-_-14-500-411-_-Product. You're right that it's not perfectly single slot like the HIS RX 460 that should be coming out soon, but it's as close as you can get with the 1050 Ti.

cside_cafe

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016

PS:
In the case of "ZOTAC GTX 1050 Ti OC", the "EVGA GT 740 Single Slot" cooler can exchange
http://blog.livedoor.jp/wisteriear/archives/1062357978.html

ItsChristian

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

xFeaRDom

Estimable
They'll all be like that, to be 'Single slot' then it would have to have no fan on it at all basically.

Don't forget that the fan will not be shown outside of the case, and a true single slot is not possible with cooler involved, if it did then the cooling performance would be mediocre and will barely do anything.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
as already noted, HiS has a 460 true single slot card that includes the fan. so it is possible. the 1050ti is not power hungry at all either. so it seems perfectly possible they could do it if they wanted to. the 750ti also had a single slot card that included the cooler and it used the same power as the new 1050ti reference design.

right now there are a couple cards that only occupy a single slot on the case, like the zotacs folks keep bringing up that are still double slot with the fan. but they are still too fat to be called a single slot card overall. watercooling of course is an option to get it less than a single slot but of course that would be both expensive and silly to do for a simple 1050ti unless you got a spare all-in-one gpu cooler sitting around to use. then it might make sense to get it really skinny.

xXBananasXx

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015

What gtx 750 ti is it? I'm curious about that. And I'm really hoping for a single slot 1050 ti because it seems like a 750 ti but strictly better.

xXBananasXx

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015

Yep lets hope so

sancho_mic

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015

What a shame that no global company designed yet such 10x gtx gpu. With the increased popularity of unraid, where many gpus/pcie devices are added to the already crammed space & used for passthrough - such card would fit many systems as secondary but pretty strong card, for day to day work...

Alternatively, maybe we'll see more mods to transfrom small gpus into single slot...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
been a lot of "mini" cards all the ay up to 1080 now. hopefully they'll drop back now and make single slot low profile cards from the low power cards at the bottom of the list. a LP, single slot 1050ti would be pretty awesome for an htpc/light gamer build.

xXBananasXx

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
I hope they do to. I want to buy 6, since my mobo slots are only 1 slot wide, and I don't want to spend twice as much on water cooling when a 1050 ti is enough for 1080p gaming.

sancho_mic

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
another option that i'm considering, although it's suitable only for specific slots - e.g. only slots that receive direct air flow from outside of case...

I am willing to take a dual fan GPU with heatpipes (not the radial aluminum cooler type, since these are shorter and usually have single fan, very close to the rear I/O), remove the shroud & remove althogether the fan closest to the I/O.

Will this reduced thickness of the card allow to fit a short pcie card (e.g usb controller) in the immediate next PCIe slot?

Basically, can someone recomment an nvidia new generation card 10x, dual fan, with radiator thin enough not to overlap/interefer with the second slot?
Maybe most of them are like this? i guess i need some advice from someone that disasembled one :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that's the one we were speaking of above. good to see it is actually on the market now. maybe someone will import a few to the rest of the world. as Elsa does not sell outside of a small market.