Question Six Monitor Setup with Docking Station and Laptop

Jul 8, 2024
Hi All,

I am looking for a six monitor setup. I usually work from three locations on a weekly basis. Each location will have its own docking station where I will connect my laptop. I need the laptop for portability as I am on the go quite a lot.

At any time I am running communication channels being Slack, Skype, WhatsApp, Viber and Telegram. I also take a few zoom calls throughout the day. I am always operating several software's, VPSs and many chrome tabs.

Is this possible? What do I need to focus on when getting the laptop to be able to run this? Will I need two GPUs RTX 4060s or something?

Any advice on how to get this setup to work would be highly appreciated.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi All,

I am looking for a six monitor setup. I usually work from three locations on a weekly basis. Each location will have its own docking station where I will connect my laptop. I need the laptop for portability as I am on the go quite a lot.

At any time I am running communication channels being Slack, Skype, WhatsApp, Viber and Telegram. I also take a few zoom calls throughout the day. I am always operating several software's, VPSs and many chrome tabs.

Is this possible? What do I need to focus on when getting the laptop to be able to run this? Will I need two GPUs RTX 4060s or something?

Any advice on how to get this setup to work would be highly appreciated.
Probably not. Six independent displays is not easy for a desktop with real PCIe slots. You have a laptop with limited external ports. There might be some option with newer generation thunderbolt, but I wouldn't get hopeful. I could be wrong, and the next post will have a cheap solution. Six displays is way beyond typical.

I wouldn't do any laptop. That's going to be a headache. I thinking older workstation card like wx series from amd for the first four and integrated graphics for the last two. Rtx 4060s would be a waste of money.....