Skyrim issue unlike the rest

Lzzgundam

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Hello,
I currently have 160 clock hours on Skyrim +DLC.
I dont run any mods, and the issue that I am having is unlike anything I have found in the skyrim community as of yet. When i click play skyrim from the steam window the launcher will come up and detect my video settings every time, but when I click play. The computer becomes completely unresponsive. The busy light is one and I get the busy indicator next to my mouse pointer, but I cant do anything. This requires a hard reset to fix. I have already uninstalled and re installed a few times. And I have tried all the fixes I could on various forums. I have an Alienware M17x for my mobile gaming and Skyrim + DLC plays fine on it

Lzzgundam

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
So I always heard that persistence is the key to getting things done, but I never would have thought it would work here.
I Finally found out what my problem was. There was this unkown program on my computer called VIRTU MVP 2.1.110...When i clicked the play button on the Skyrim launcher this program would have multiple processes of this fime Ekag20nt.exe*32 to load.
I would go from about 70 processes to 2000 with 100% CPU usage and 100% Memory usage. After a quick Google search I found that I could simply uninstall this with no problems. Now Skyrim works flawlessly with all the DLC.

You may find Virtu MVP works in some games though. In the future you may wish to reinstall and TEST on a per-game basis.

Oblivion could have been disabled from the Virtu MVP Control Panel rather than uninstalling the entire thing.

Virtu MVP updates:
1. The software itself (lucidlogix site)
2. the Intel graphics (Intel can auto-detect)
3. the Video card graphics (AMD/NVidia)

*I'm still experimenting with Hyperformance and Virtual VSYNC, however I'm also investigating "i-Mode"; on my system with a GTX680 I should get an average of about 4% loss but my GTX680 will turn OFF COMPLETELY when not needed. You don't need to use Hyperformance or VirtualVsync for that feature.

Virtu MVP UPDATE:

I GIVE UP! I'm a computer technician, but the software is simply garbage. Relults:

1. I tried "i-Mode" so I could use the Intel HD4000 graphics for destop/browsing and thus DISABLE my GTX680 when not needed. However, several games had issues. The ONLY WAY to run these games is to physically switch the cable back to my GTX680.

Result: FAIL

2. Hyperformance and VSYNC:
Too many games have issues. The number of games that actually work fine is too small for this to be worth my time figuring out which ones work and which ones won't.

I did have some success in a couple games and Hyperformance made things more responsive. Yeah!

3. INSTALLATION:
Poorly Explained.

4. Control Panel HELP?
No instructions at all. Does turning on Virtual VSYNC affect things globally? (just one of several questions).

SUMMARY:
Virtu MVP is very interesting however the software side is pathetic. I hope they sort things out but for now it's best to REMOVE IT COMPLETELY. Sigh.