Jul 12, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing the following issue. when i put the pc in sleep mode everything shuts down, except the case fans that are connected to the psu, and when i wake the pc from sleep, the fans rev to full speed, monitor remains black and can't do anything to it except power off from the power button (the reset button doesn't do anything), in every other situation the pc works great

Mb b550 elite ax v2 rev 1.1 (last bios)
Video 6750xt gigabyte
Psu Seasonic syncro 750w
Cpu amd 5600x
M2 Ssd gigabyte gp-asm2ne2512gttdr

There is one thing that might be an issue, that the boot manager is located on a sata ssd (toshiba tr200) and the windows is installed on the m2 ssd (dont know how this occurred)

I changed the PSU with a new one and the problem still persists

Everything goes back to normal if i connect the fans to the mb directly

I searched all over the internet for over a month and found similar issues but not the same, and without a solution

Thx

PassMark

Distinguished
except the case fans that are connected to the psu

How, with what wires?

When a machine does to sleep the PSU continues to output 5V on the standby rail. This allows thing like the power LED to slow flash when asleep.
Maybe the fans are connected to the standby rail?

Misgar

Respectable
Mar 2, 2023
The boot manager is probably on the wrong drive if you installed/cloned Windows with more than one drive installed.

Most fans run off the +12V rail.

How important is Sleep mode to you? I leave my machines running or switch them off.

Jul 12, 2023
How, with what wires?

When a machine does to sleep the PSU continues to output 5V on the standby rail. This allows thing like the power LED to slow flash when asleep.
Maybe the fans are connected to the standby rail?
The Seasonic syncro has a connect module that pairs with seasonic case, and all the wires connect from that module to the mb, video, fans, etc.
I already been talking with seasonic and they cannot replicate my issue.