SLI Scaling: Can Three GeForce GTX 760s Beat Two 780s?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

That depends. Without V-sync, you'll have tearing, but have lower latency. Both are advantages, both settings have disadvantages, until G-sync becomes available to you.

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
ha yeah time will come and hopefully will get a decent monitor. correct me if I'm wrong: everybody tells me I can't get over 60 fps because my monitor is 60hz, is that true? can I still break the 60fps barrier?

JokerSlunt

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Excellent write up and I personally can vouch for the validity of the 780's in SLI. They are unbeatable force and can even power Battlefield 4 on Ultra setting while taking full benefit of my 144 Hz monitor.

JokerSlunt

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Excellent write up and I personally can vouch for the validity of the 780's in SLI. They are unbeatable force and can even power Battlefield 4 on Ultra setting while taking full benefit of my 144 Hz monitor.

FPS are how many frames the GPU creates. Your refresh rate does not change that. However, your monitors refresh rate tells you how many times the images on the screen update. If you have more FPS than your refresh rate, the monitor refreshes may contain more than one frame blended together, with a tear between them.

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
exactly what happened when I disabled Vsync :) So you are forced to have Vsync on and restricting your GPU because your GPU can pull more data than your monitor, that sucks a bit. but many people say there is no difference above 60 fps so do you think its worth spending like 300 quid on a monitor?

One thing in the article that i usually observe. The price of getting dual video cards doesn't really work well against the price of a single better video card. I've seen that for years now, even though i've bought motherboards for the possible addition of a 2nd video card.
Would be nice if they did an article for that. Dual cards that are cheaper and faster than a single newer video card. Wonder what the results would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.