Question Slightly different model numbers of Corsair Vengence LPX

rohtua

Prominent
Nov 2, 2019
Hi, I'm using corsair LPX memory in my desktop (8gb sticks). Recently I've been experiencing BSOD on windows. I'm trying to work out what the problem is. I've checked my drivers and they're all up to date using the latest version.

I think it might have something to do with the blu ray drive I've just installed (a pioneer 209dbk). The BSODs only started appearing after I put it in but it's only crashing when downloading things. If I leave steam on then after an hour or so it'll crash and need a reboot.

I've been looking at all the bits and pieces and I'm just wondering whether my ram might have something to do with it. I've got 4 8gb LPX vengence sticks in there purchased as two sets of 16.

I've just noticed that they have different serial numbers on them and if I put them into google I get to corsairs website but the latency/timings are different for each serial number. Is this going to be a major issue that could have caused the BSOD or is it nothing major?

The serial numbers are:

CMK16GX4M2B3000C15R
Tested Latency: 15-17-17-35

CMK16GX4M2D3000C16
Tested Latency: 16-20-20-38

My system is using a Ryzen 5 3600 on an Asus Prime X570 pro with an RTX 2060

My issues started after installing the blu ray drive but having spotted the slight differences with the ram I'm wondering if my issue might be there?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, what memory timings are you actually running? If it is the slower of the two, should work fine. If it is the faster of the two, the other stick might not keep up. You can run Memtest x86 to see how stable it is.

As for the blu-ray drive. Unplug it and see if the problem goes away. If it does, I would get it replaced by Pioneer. (Could just be you need to update the drivers or firmware on the drive) Check the cables, could be bad.

TRENDING THREADS