[SOLVED] Slow boot up and response in editing software

Mr_Furball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
I have two HDDs, a ryzen 1700 cpu and a gtx 1060, with two 8gb lpx corsair ram. Took my gpu out to test something on another set up. After I installed back I wiped the driver with DDU, since I was going to do it anyway. After doing a clean install, something weird is happening. My pc didnt boot after the bios start screen. I noticed that the power cable on the hard drive was off. I ajusted, but it's still taking about a minute or two to boot, which is insane, way more than it took before. I tried different drivers on the gpu, but it seems like a hard driver issue.
Because when I'm going to edit in premiere pro, I have a stutter in every three or four commands or tools I use. It was working and booting fine until i reinstalled the driver. When I installed the gpu back after testing it was fine too. So it wasn't that.

Anyway. Thank you for any help in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
Take another look at the power cable and data cable on the hard drive. Just to be sure that both are fully and firmly connected.

Try manually installing the driver for the GPU.

Do not use DDU.

Go to Nvidia's website to download the driver. Then reinstall and reconfigure for your computer.

Ralston18

Titan
Take another look at the power cable and data cable on the hard drive. Just to be sure that both are fully and firmly connected.

Do not use DDU.

Go to Nvidia's website to download the driver. Then reinstall and reconfigure for your computer.

Solution

Mr_Furball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014

Do not use DDU.

The sata cable was poorly connected indeed haha. It did not go back to normal at first, though. Only after a couple of reboots.

TRENDING THREADS