Hi,

I have a P4P800 Deluxe and it takes at least 2 to 3 min to boot. after the
raid screens the screen goes black and only after a while Windows (XP)
starts to boot. Does anyone knows if this is a defect or if it's a
configuration issue?

Thanks in advance
Rick

nbk

CursorMan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a P4P800 Deluxe and it takes at least 2 to 3 min to boot. after the
> raid screens the screen goes black and only after a while Windows (XP)
> starts to boot. Does anyone knows if this is a defect or if it's a
> configuration issue?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Rick

What are the specs of your system? Which BIOS version are u using?
NBK

Switch off everything in the BIOS that you are not actually using.

"NBK" <die@spammer.com> wrote in message
> CursorMan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a P4P800 Deluxe and it takes at least 2 to 3 min to boot. after
>> the
>> raid screens the screen goes black and only after a while Windows (XP)
>> starts to boot. Does anyone knows if this is a defect or if it's a
>> configuration issue?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Rick
>>

> What are the specs of your system? Which BIOS version are u using?
> NBK

"NBK" <die@spammer.com> wrote in message
> CursorMan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a P4P800 Deluxe and it takes at least 2 to 3 min to boot. after
the
> > raid screens the screen goes black and only after a while Windows (XP)
> > starts to boot. Does anyone knows if this is a defect or if it's a
> > configuration issue?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Rick
> >

> What are the specs of your system? Which BIOS version are u using?
> NBK

I have a 3.0 Gb Pentium 4 , ATI Radeon 9700 Pro a SATA RAID with 2 80GB
hard drives.
I've tried all BIOS (except tha last one) and got no improvement. I've
turned the IDE RAID off and still it takes forever to boot.