Slow Computer After Format

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

commander10101

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
Hey guys, before I format my PC, I used to run games and surf the internet with ease. After I format my PC, everything in general seems to be slower than usual when I am surfing the internet, watching videos and playing games.

I have tried updating all my drivers, Malwarebytes to scan for any viruses and formatting the PC again but I just can't seem to find a solution for it. I have tried looking online for a solution but everywhere I look, they have the same answer or maybe not well explained.

I will include my PC specifications below, I am not 100% what else to include so I hope this isn't enough:

Windows 8
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (x4)
6.00 GB (5.90 GB usable)
64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640

If I have missed anything out, please let me know but I am not a technical type of person so please go easy on me :)

commander10101

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014

If you could read the comment above, you would find out that I don't feel safe opening my desktop because I don't want to damage anything. Unless I know that this would help in some way, I would like to leave this option open for now and maybe try it when there are no other options.

commander10101

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014

Thanks for the help, do you think I will still be able to send it for repair if my warranty has expired?

commander10101

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014

Alright thanks again for the awesome support, I am not sure if I will reply here again saying whether it will work or not as I am not sure how long it will take but thanks for trying your best!