Question slow download speed after installing new ssd

May 26, 2024
I recently bought a gaming laptop and installed a new ssd (samsung 980 pro) on the second slot and noticed that my download speed has drastically slowed and once i removed the ssd the speed returned to normal. is there a workaround for this since i wanted to use that ssd to expand my memory or is the ssd busted?

I recently bought a gaming laptop and installed a new ssd (samsung 980 pro) on the second slot and noticed that my download speed has drastically slowed and once i removed the ssd the speed returned to normal. is there a workaround for this since i wanted to use that ssd to expand my memory or is the ssd busted?
Are you downloading to the ssd?

Run a pass of 'crystal disk mark' on the ssd and see if the numbers are about right.

USAFRet

Titan
Downloading from where?

What does speedtest.net show for performance?

May 26, 2024
Downloading from the net using the browser and download manager, even downloads from steam and gamepass

May 26, 2024
Are you downloading to the ssd?

Run a pass of 'crystal disk mark' on the ssd and see if the numbers are about right.
downloading to the 1st slot ssd, i checked the speed before using cyrstalmark and showed expected speed from both ssd