Question Slow loading times but normal internet

Jolaoso

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2015
I'm having a issue where my youtube videos keep buffering. But the very strange and annoying thing is I can watch a 4k video no problem, no buffering but got forbid sometimes when I want to watch something in 1080p or 144p its buffers like crazy. Its not only youtube some sites just take notably longer to load now. I thought it was a DNS issue so I flushed it and changed the dns sever to Google's but nothing changed. Keep in mind its only my pc, phone and other devices work fine.
Internet is 150 up and down

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Explain "got forbid sometimes" - more information needed. What sites take notably longer?

Are the 4K videos also on YouTube?

One immediate thing you can do is to use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Use both but only one at a time.

First watch some youtube videos and make note of what resources are being used via Task Manager or Resource Monitor.

Then do the same while watching 4K videos.

What is different?

No rush. Take your time to watch closely and otherwise determine what is ( or is not) happening when comparing youtube to 4K.

Jolaoso

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2015
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Explain "got forbid sometimes" - more information needed. What sites take notably longer?

Are the 4K videos also on YouTube?

One immediate thing you can do is to use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Use both but only one at a time.

First watch some youtube videos and make note of what resources are being used via Task Manager or Resource Monitor.

Then do the same while watching 4K videos.

What is different?

No rush. Take your time to watch closely and otherwise determine what is ( or is not) happening when comparing youtube to 4K.
Meant to say god forbid if i watch a 1080p or a 144p video...
-Also the 4k video are on youtube
Also I know the only difference when watching a 4k video vs a 1080p or 144p video is my gpu will be higher ofc with the 4k video specifically

Ralston18

Titan
Perhaps some outdated, buggy, or corrupted file.

Manually download the network adapter drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party tools or installers.

Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

Other things you can do:

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (use both but only one at at time) to observe system performance.

Look for what changes when the buffering occurs. What resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

There may be some pattern of use involved so be methodical and only change one thing at a time as you work to identify the problem.

Jolaoso

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2015
Perhaps some outdated, buggy, or corrupted file.

Manually download the network adapter drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party tools or installers.

Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

Other things you can do:

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (use both but only one at at time) to observe system performance.

Look for what changes when the buffering occurs. What resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

There may be some pattern of use involved so be methodical and only change one thing at a time as you work to identify the problem.
I have already checked to see if there was a update for my ethernet adapter and its was already at the latest. I doubt its a corrupted file because all I see for my ethernet usage is spiking when watching a yt video.

I assume speedtest is fine and you get the maximum rate you are suppose to.

Is it just youtube or do you have the ability to watch 4k video and other resolution from other sites. Not sure what to recommend most I use are pay sites like netflix.

Maybe try to boot your machine on a linux USB image. Most come with a browser preinstalled and can run youtube video. Unfortunately if this works all it tells you is there is some setting in windows causing this but your hardware is ok.

Jolaoso

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2015
I assume speedtest is fine and you get the maximum rate you are suppose to.

Is it just youtube or do you have the ability to watch 4k video and other resolution from other sites. Not sure what to recommend most I use are pay sites like netflix.

Maybe try to boot your machine on a linux USB image. Most come with a browser preinstalled and can run youtube video. Unfortunately if this works all it tells you is there is some setting in windows causing this but your hardware is ok.
Maybe its verizon? I have just learned recently that some of my family members are having random internet issues too. Just tends to act slow for a bit then goes back to normal. And no its not only yt i can watch 4k and 1080p just fine but it will randomly just buffer even at 144p and then it will go back to normal.