Question Slow NVMe Write

May 17, 2021
I have twoPCIe x4 drives, and both are reading very fast (sequential read 3500 MB/s) but their write speeds are very low, SqW 1000 and 550.

The faster one is 1 TB and the slower one is 500 GB. Both are inland brand.

Board: x570 Crosshair 8
CPU: Ryzen 3900X

Have confirmed both are running in PCIe4 mode. I a pcie3 nvme drive on an extension card and disconnecting it had no effect. BIOS and chipset both updated today to no effect. Write caching is checked. I unchecked and re-checked it to no effect.

I've had these drives in operation for about a year, but the first time I measured their performance was when they were low - I don't have a historical record of them being higher.

Any ideas? At this point my options are trying secure erase or buying two new drives which would involve an unpleasant data migration.

May 17, 2021
f7tbCxK.png

Lz66P0u.png

May 17, 2021
Crosshair Hero 8, wifi version. Not sure if it gets more specific than that?

I also ran samsung magician benchmark and the native windows benchmark, they have consistent results.

I have 3 SATA SSDs and 1 nvme PCIe drive also hooked up. As I said in OP I took out the nvme drive (using an adapter card) to see if it was resulting in too much traffic on the PCIe lanes but it didn't have any effect.

Crosshair Hero 8, wifi version. Not sure if it gets more specific than that?

I also ran samsung magician benchmark and the native windows benchmark, they have consistent results.

I have 3 SATA SSDs and 1 nvme PCIe drive also hooked up. As I said in OP I took out the nvme drive (using an adapter card) to see if it was resulting in too much traffic on the PCIe lanes but it didn't have any effect.
Just looking....run this and post a link to the results page.
PC Benchmark

What is a native windows benchmark?