Slow Running Asus X555L Laptop

Baygold

Commendable
Oct 7, 2021
I have an older Asus laptop model X555L it is running slowly. I took my laptop apart yesterday to check if it was dirty and there was hardly any dust but I cleaned up the fan and such on it and put it back together so I know that isn't why it is running slow. I've recovered my laptop once as well because, I thought it took a crap on me, as I couldn't get passed a certain screen that kept wanting me to run all sorts of tests on it but I fixed that. So I'm wondering if I need to switch out my harddrive or maybe the core processor? I just can't figure out why it's so slow. I don't have anything running in the background, other than the general stuff, and I've uninstalled apps that I no longer use. I'd rather upgrade this if needed rather than buy a whole new laptop as this is just one I am needing for work to send documents and emails and the like. It has an Intel i3 core processor (not sure what generation) and a Seagate SSD that all came with it from the manufacturer. Thank you in advance for your help!

Lutfij

Titan
From this specs list, which processor do you have and how much ram do you have? You can use CPU-Z to show you what your motherboard's BIOS version is on at the time of writing and the processor you have. You can parse images of what you see on CPU-Z and we can move forward from there.

Also, what OS are you on? If Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you on? Use Disk Manager to see what your partition structure is. How much free space do you have on your OS drive? Is the laptop equipped with only one storage device(SSD)?

Baygold

Commendable
Oct 7, 2021
From this specs list, which processor do you have and how much ram do you have? You can use CPU-Z to show you what your motherboard's BIOS version is on at the time of writing and the processor you have. You can parse images of what you see on CPU-Z and we can move forward from there.

Also, what OS are you on? If Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you on? Use Disk Manager to see what your partition structure is. How much free space do you have on your OS drive? Is the laptop equipped with only one storage device(SSD)?

Intel i3-5020 cpu @ 2.20GHz with 12 GB Installed ram and Windows Home 10. It has no extended storage just the SSD it came with