Question Slow write speed Intel 660p?

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020
Just got a brand new laptop from Asus Expertbook F2451FA. It has a i7 10510u, 16 GB DDR4 ram and Intel HD Graphics. It has a Intel 660p NVME drive installed.

Asus have partioned the drive into two. Main system and restore. If I run Crystal disk mark I get around 1824 read but 900 write? Can that be do to the drive is partioned ?

Because according this https://www.storagereview.com/review/intel-ssd-660p-series-review

Its suppose to master 1800/1800 in a pcie 3 x 4 setup, which the machine supports.

Also I am used to a 970 evo plus in my desktop, and runs on a NVME driver. However it looks like the Intel drive is running on a Intel series 400 SATA AHCI controller.

View: https://imgur.com/a/pdJTQl6

I am only familiar with the Microsoft NVME and Samsung NVME controller and not that above controller.

Is the 660p and 970 evo plus two different type of drives even though they have same form factor?

Benchmarks are usually done in isolated and ideal cases, unless they were performing a specific stress test of sorts. Benchmarking an OS drive in active use is bound to cause some discrepancy because the OS isn't going to go "oh, you're benchmarking so I won't do stuff to the drive."

I wouldn't worry about it unless you absolutely need blazing fast write speeds.

Reactions: Euroman28

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020
Benchmarks are usually done in isolated and ideal cases, unless they were performing a specific stress test of sorts. Benchmarking an OS drive in active use is bound to cause some discrepancy because the OS isn't going to go "oh, you're benchmarking so I won't do stuff to the drive."

I wouldn't worry about it unless you absolutely need blazing fast write speeds.

Thanks it a funny but somwhat fast machine. It can even be upgraded to 64 GB ram if one wants that.

But its like Asus version of Lenovo Thinkpad with joystick mouse. Only downside the CPU fan is a little loud (even in silentmode)