Question Smoothness issues in games and desktop.

Jul 12, 2023
Intro:

Hi, good, first of all, sorry if my English is not very good, but I wanted to present a problem that I have been experiencing since I did a clean installation of Windows. It should be noted that in this clean installation of Windows 10, I did not use the tool to create the bootable that provided by Microsoft but use rufus. I have also applied several clean installations with windows 10 22h2 and 11 but everything remains the same.

*Configuration used in rufus.

r/pcmasterrace - Smoothness issues in games and desktop.
Problem:

The problem in question is that although I play the games at good fps (limited to 143-144 with rivatuner) they do not look fluid, it is as if an fps just dropped, all the fluidity disappears. I have verified if the 144hz are applied in the desktop and in games thousands of times.

In short, when the fps drop a bit, the fluidity worsens or practically disappears, it happens to me in League of legends, DayZ, Doom Eternal, Battlefield 1 and benchmarks, it's usually when I move the camera with the mouse.

Due to some videos on Yt, they informed me that it could be that my current processor (3600x) could be causing a bottleneck, so I bought a 5600x that would have to arrive in the next few days.

It should be noted that this poor smoothness did not happen to me until I made the first clean installation.

In doom eternal and bf1 I have noticed that the CPU frametime indicator or graph tends to jump.

*Example bf1.

*Playing DayZ.

*Max temperatures cpu-gpu when I was playing Doom eternal and Bf 1 for a while.

My setup:

Gpu: Sapphire pulse RX5700XT.

Cpu:Ryzen 5 3600x.

Ram:16Gb 3200mhz dual channel cl16.

Storage: 1tb m.2 xpg sx6000 lite.

Monitor: Msi Optix g27c2 144hz, DisplayPort 1.4.

MB: ASrock b550 phantom gaming 4 a/c.

A small list of what I have tried:

-Disable gamedvr.
-Disable game mode.
-Update all motherboard drivers from the asrock official page (audio, internet, bluetooth, bios).
-Update gpu drivers (23.7.1) and roll back to previous drivers (23.3.4) with DDU.
-Clean installations of the operating system.
-Update chipset drivers from AMD official website.
-I have used amdcleanutility.
-Try different DisplayPort cables.
-Restore bios defaults.
-SmartAccess Memory active.
-Power plan high performance.

NanoSuit3

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2017
Still I've had this same issue twice and that's why I switched to Teams Blue and Green
Oh & another thing too is don't use Rufus to clean install Windows btw. At certain times for some unapparent reason Rufus will have a tendency during installation to slow down certain components to a mass degree. Don't ask how I know this; I saw this with my best friend while gaming after he installed it through that same usage so................................

Last edited:
Reactions: skandroid

TRENDING THREADS