SMS Spammers Fined £440,000 in United Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
So they'll just pay the fine (less than two months worth of work) and get out clean like that? Man, this spam stuff is lucrative.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Fines are not enough to discourage these individuals.
Serious Prison time should be mandatory; and I am not talking country club prison either.

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Fines are not enough to discourage these individuals. Serious Prison time should be mandatory; and I am not talking country club prison either.[/citation]
Yup. They should share a cell with a 300 pound guy named Bubba, who sure thinks they are "purdy" ...

f-14

Distinguished
Spammers earned thousands by sending junky test messages.

this is a test, only a test of the emergency broadcast system.........
was it really just a test to find valid ID's so they could sell that info to hackers, other spammers?

The Information Commissioner's office said that it received 400 complaints relating to Tetrus and reminded people that the best course of action for unsolicited text messages is to ignore them.

sounds like The Information Commissioner's office doesn't want to have to work and get off their lazy butts and shut these spammers down and have to deal with the people who pay their salaries to do just that!

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]taylorlautner3211[/nom]my buddy's sister makes $75/hour on the internet...[/citation]

Spam in an article about spammers... These people stop at nothing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.