Sneak Peek: Palit's Passively-Cooled GTX 1050 Ti KalmX 4GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCMunroe

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
I don't care about passive cooled. I need a new half height GPU. I haven't seen any new half height cards since GTX 750, and the Radeon 7750 we end up getting.

Can anybody show a link to a STORE that sells the LOW PROFILE cards though?

I tried to follow "Where To Buy" (USA) from the MSI site for 4GB model but didn't find any cards. I found links to STORES just not the cards at the stores.

netsrac

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
Does anyone know if Palit has North American distribution? I've looked everywhere, and their cards only seem for sale in Europe, middle East and Asia.

netsrac

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011

Thanks. I'm specifically looking for a "silent" (heat sink only) 1050 or something in that class. I've seen some posts describing using something like the Arctic S3 aftermarket heat sink on a standard card, but would prefer not to have to conduct my own experiment if I can find it off the rack somewhere. Any thoughts appreciated.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i believe this is the first passive cooled off the shelf one for this generation so far. they won't make many for sure. think only 1 750ti model was released as well. just not something folks really want that much.

Tom's did an experiment not too long ago and found that without a lot of case air flow the card overheats quickly and throttles. you're likely to make just as much noise with case fans for the airflow as you would with the fans on the gpu. you can spend a ton on quiet case fans but that would add it to the well cooled card anyway. may be wrong but don't see it as a very economical alternative considering how cheap the cards are anyway and how cool/quiet they already run.

Status
Not open for further replies.