Snow Leopard Shipping August 28

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]Yoder54[/nom]High Prices? Really? Take exact hardware specs and compare prices...Apple is competitive with the higher priced Win PCs, but everyone likes low cost trash in this country...the Palin mind-set.[/citation]

You see, the problem is that I have done exactly that, and every time, the Windows computers come out ahead by several hundred dollars. If I have time later, I'll show you some examples.

mbmcavoy

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]"Lure them in with a cheap OS(to make MSFT look greedy. Nice move though ) and stab them in the back with our "Apple Tax".[/citation]

You've got the order backwards - the "cheap OS" doesn't work unless you already have the Mac. Therefore it isn't a lure so they can "stab you in the back" later.

I will happily part with $29 as it will make my MacBook even better. Meanwhile, I'm more likely going to dump my PC than purchase Win7 when the RC expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS