Question So I have a ddr3 motherboard...

Sep 28, 2024
so I have a GIGABYTE GA-F2A68HM-S1, which is a DDR3 mobo and I wanna know if:
1. Can this mobo support DDR5 graphics card, like the GTX 1050ti OC? or nah? currently have a GT 730 i have from a friend of mine and gave it to me.
2. is it better if this mobo support and use the HYPER X DDR3 RAM sticks? or should I just stick to the normal RAM sticks, like the KVR16N11S8/4 (4GB DDR3 1600 Mt/s; Non EEC)?

i bought this mobo for a decent price (around $12) at the FB marketplace with an AMD A10 -5800K processor and 2 RAM sticks, together with a HP Prodesk 800 g1 case from the same buyer (around $8).

Just wanna know if the mobo is compatible, so i could use it for AutoCad, Sketchup, and Enscape, work stuff and playing decent games, in my spare time.

any recommendation is needed, as long as its budget friendly.

to clarify:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-F2A68HM-S1
PROCESSOR: AMD A10-5800K
RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Mt/s; Non-EEC (KVR16N11S8/4)

Sep 28, 2024
That was''t even a decent machine (mid tier at best even then) when new. What makes you think it'll even come close to running that list with anything near adequate performance?
well if those parts can run the minimum requirements of the software, then maybe it could work. Though I could buy better parts, but the money is a bit tight at the moment, since I am still studying. Just wanna know if the questions that I've stated can be possible. If not, what can you recommend that I should do?

Sep 28, 2024
8GB RAM is not enough to run AutoCAD.

If you have enough money for an actual AutoCAD subscription (currently $2k+/year), you have enough for a real PC to run it.
the minimum or basic RAM requirements for AutoCAD is 8GB, even though 16GB is recommended. says here on the Autodesk site: https://www.autodesk.com/support/te...oCAD-2023-including-Specialized-Toolsets.html

and the subscription I used is the Student License, which is free and renewable, as long as I'm still eligible to use it under the university's address and information.

Sep 28, 2024
It doesn't even come close to meeting minimum requirements today. Whatever you spent on that system was wasted.
well, this is unfortunate. I should return the parts to the seller and get my money back. Too bad though, but it's alright. Thanks for the reply. I'll search some parts later that should fit the requirements needed, Either way, thanks again.

USAFRet

Titan
the minimum or basic RAM requirements for AutoCAD is 8GB, even though 16GB is recommended. says here on the Autodesk site: https://www.autodesk.com/support/te...oCAD-2023-including-Specialized-Toolsets.html

and the subscription I used is the Student License, which is free and renewable, as long as I'm still eligible to use it under the university's address and information.
Thats just barely enough to get the thing running.

Some of the models in my Rhino3D struggle with 32GB. I had to bump it up to 64.

Sep 28, 2024
Thats just barely enough to get the thing running.

Some of the models in my Rhino3D struggle with 32GB. I had to bump it up to 64.
I see, well in that case i should return the parts to the seller and get my money back. But thanks for the the reply.

It doesn't even come close to meeting minimum requirements today. Whatever you spent on that system was wasted.
Well, normally I don't advocate for alternative software for users that is vendor locked to microsoft/adobe/autodesk ; but today I do an exception because I have a different experience if other choices are made. I assume OP has paid for the software in question, so it's not intended for OP to change.

Some years ago, I decided to ditch Windows (W7 is the last version I purchased a license for) and get to use Linux full time at home. This means that instead of using commercial software like adobe and autodesk, I went for open-source alternatives. This choice also gives me the advantage that many of the software alternatives as well as the OS/desktop consume just a fraction of the memory comparing to more commercial alternatives.

Example - I have a laptop with 8GB RAM and it is perfectly able to run programs like Inkscape (2D) and FreeCAD (3D). I even have an old Optiplex 780 running Linux Mint that I have no problem using Inkscape to draw different home projects.

well, this is unfortunate. I should return the parts to the seller and get my money back. Too bad though, but it's alright. Thanks for the reply. I'll search some parts later that should fit the requirements needed, Either way, thanks again.
I'd expect the seller may not accept the return unless you bough from a company (that said, I don't know the rules in your location)

Sep 28, 2024
Well, normally I don't advocate for alternative software for users that is vendor locked to microsoft/adobe/autodesk ; but today I do an exception because I have a different experience if other choices are made. I assume OP has paid for the software in question, so it's not intended for OP to change.

Some years ago, I decided to ditch Windows (W7 is the last version I purchased a license for) and get to use Linux full time at home. This means that instead of using commercial software like adobe and autodesk, I went for open-source alternatives. This choice also gives me the advantage that many of the software alternatives as well as the OS/desktop consume just a fraction of the memory comparing to more commercial alternatives.

Example - I have a laptop with 8GB RAM and it is perfectly able to run programs like Inkscape (2D) and FreeCAD (3D). I even have an old Optiplex 780 running Linux Mint that I have no problem using Inkscape to draw different home projects.

I'd expect the seller may not accept the return unless you bough from a company (that said, I don't know the rules in your location)
apparently, I dont have the AutoCAD software because i can't afford to buy a decent laptop that could run well, or buying a laptop in general. but the university has a CAD Room with computers that has AutoCAD and Sketchup installed, but we used the Autodesk's Student License instead since that's what our professor recommended. I could learn some other CAD formats, but it'll take some time, and it is needed that we passed our works and plans using AutoCAD and Sketchup software only, since they also check the format of our work whether we did it right or not, despite the plans completed. We also can choose the rendering software in our liking, but I heard Enscape is good, which I downloaded directly on the school's computer. So much so, the reason i made this forum is if its possible for these parts that I bought (in minimum requirements based on software's system requirements) to run decently.

Oh, and the seller is pretty chill, he even told me if I want to return it, it must be within a day, or else no refund. That's how it work in our agreement in the FB marketplace.