[SOLVED] So my 1080 died, but why?

edgars.roga

Reputable
Oct 13, 2018
I was playing COD:WZ, with fps and temp monitoring on, saw nothing out of order, and boom screen goes black, smoke comes out of pc. I instantlly knew something died there... It was the GPU only i guess, cuz without the gpu the pc turns on, all fans spinning. But i wonder what exactlly did i burn on the chip, and should i be worried to put in another expensive card... ? It was a bit dusty, but could that be it?
Its the GeForce® GTX 1080 Mini ITX 8G btw
see pics

OkHkW5p.jpg

2lugPLU.jpg

Solution
Dust and heat are enemies of your pc. So it’s important to use some compressed air to clean it out every few months or so. A gpu dying these days isn’t cool. But the 1080 is probably 5 years old now, so hopefully it gave you some good years of service.
Dust and heat are enemies of your pc. So it’s important to use some compressed air to clean it out every few months or so. A gpu dying these days isn’t cool. But the 1080 is probably 5 years old now, so hopefully it gave you some good years of service.

Solution

edgars.roga

Reputable
Oct 13, 2018
, i did love the 1080, but my main consern is will it not happen again when i pop in a 2060?
i know right, Europe, Latvia - market is overpriced af