[SOLVED] So recently I have built a new pc and the usb ports won't work but it posts

Jan 23, 2021
So recently I have built a new pc and the usb ports won't work but it posts.

Ok so I have already tried reseating ram a bunch of times already and I already cleared the cmos and nothing changed but am thinking of doing a bios update since my pc is running on a 5600x and for some reason whenever I put my ram in a1 and b1 it doesn't even show the screen and there is a green and orange light which I think should be normal but anyways since the usb ports don't even work with mouse or keyboard, I can't even get into the bios, and I think the reason why is that the usb drivers aren't even installed and am so confused at this point, plzzz help

Solution
Welp bois, thank you for trying, fixed it, got new motherboard and bios went through but it wouldn't work after 2nd start but apperantly static made it not turn on, can't wait to play games instead of crappy frames :))))))

Ferimer

Distinguished

Ok so I have already tried reseating ram a bunch of times already and I already cleared the cmos and nothing changed but am thinking of doing a bios update since my pc is running on a 5600x and for some reason whenever I put my ram in a1 and b1 it doesn't even show the screen and there is a green and orange light which I think should be normal but anyways since the usb ports don't even work with mouse or keyboard, I can't even get into the bios, and I think the reason why is that the usb drivers aren't even installed and am so confused at this point, plzzz help
More specifics on your entire Rig is greatly appreciated. WE know nothing other than you have a 5600x. also if you have 4 ram slots double check your manuals for the correct placement of dual channel

Jan 23, 2021
More specifics on your entire Rig is greatly appreciated. WE know nothing other than you have a 5600x. also if you have 4 ram slots double check your manuals for the correct placement of dual channel
Oh sorry about that, here you go

My specs:
B550-f wifi
Gtx 1660
5600x
Corsair cx750m
Corsair vengeance Rgb pro (2x8)

Ferimer

Distinguished
Oh sorry about that, here you go

My specs:
B550-f wifi
Gtx 1660
5600x
Corsair cx750m
Corsair vengeance Rgb pro (2x8)
Okay so for starters Ram is supposed to be plugged into B2 and A2 not A1 and B1. Make sure you take out the manual for your motherboard and go through it. PCS aren't just plug and play. Components need to be plugged into specific parts.

If you do not have the manual here is a link to it https://www.manua.ls/asus/rog-strix-b550-f-wifi/manual?p=18

Jan 23, 2021
Okay so for starters Ram is supposed to be plugged into B2 and A2 not A1 and B1. Make sure you take out the manual for your motherboard and go through it. PCS aren't just plug and play. Components need to be plugged into specific parts.

If you do not have the manual here is a link to it https://www.manua.ls/asus/rog-strix-b550-f-wifi/manual?p=18
Ok well yeah ik that, then I wouldn't know that it doesn't even post, which it does now, also btw am returning the motherboard so I will see if that is the problem so

Ferimer

Distinguished

Ok well yeah ik that, then I wouldn't know that it doesn't even post, which it does now, also btw am returning the motherboard so I will see if that is the problem so
In your original post you made, you stated that you put the ram in a1 and b1. So wasn't sure if you meant A2 or B2. I should direct you to the post requirements next time so that you don't make the same mistake in the future if you need help please follow the recommended way of making a post so that the community can serve you better. Hope all works out.

Im sure I read somewhere that this is an issue many people are having with 5600X and USB ports, something to do with the AGESA coding. (not with every 5600X and only on certain boards.) I believe AMD are trying to fast track a new AGESA that fixes the problem. (actually, just read it's not just the 5600X but other 5000 series cpu's on some B550 boards.)

Did you perform clean install of windows (or are you reusing hdd/ssd with windows from your previous pc) ?
What version of windows are you using? Not windows 7, I hope?
Did you install chipset drivers for your motherboard?
What USB ports are not working? On back I/O panel of your pc? Or on pc case front panel?
Did you try all ports on back I/O panel? Some are USB 2.0, some are USB 3.2 .
If they are not working on front panel, then probably front panel ports are not connected properly to motherboard.

Jan 23, 2021
Did you perform clean install of windows (or are you reusing hdd/ssd with windows from your previous pc) ?
What version of windows are you using? Not windows 7, I hope?
Did you install chipset drivers for your motherboard?
What USB ports are not working? On back I/O panel of your pc? Or on pc case front panel?
Did you try all ports on back I/O panel? Some are USB 2.0, some are USB 3.2 .
If they are not working on front panel, then probably front panel ports are not connected properly to motherboard.
Ok so none of the ports on the back are working nor the case and I can't download anything if the usb ports won't work so no

Jan 23, 2021
Im sure I read somewhere that this is an issue many people are having with 5600X and USB ports, something to do with the AGESA coding. (not with every 5600X and only on certain boards.) I believe AMD are trying to fast track a new AGESA that fixes the problem. (actually, just read it's not just the 5600X but other 5000 series cpu's on some B550 boards.)
So can I do anything at all? I mean am getting the motherboard replaced because I took everything out and left the motherboard plugged in and it still didn't accept the bios so am getting one I thi k shortly, I will tell you guys what happens and see if it works

Jan 23, 2021
In your original post you made, you stated that you put the ram in a1 and b1. So wasn't sure if you meant A2 or B2. I should direct you to the post requirements next time so that you don't make the same mistake in the future if you need help please follow the recommended way of making a post so that the community can serve you better. Hope all works out.
Ok so it seems like I made it too difficult to understand let me repeat, left the ram in A2 and B2 or else I can't see screen , but yeah you can leave, goodbye

Ferimer

Distinguished
Ok so it seems like I made it too difficult to understand let me repeat, left the ram in A2 and B2 or else I can't see screen , but yeah you can leave, goodbye
You are asking for help. we are trying to help you, no need to be ignorant towards the ones trying to help you. Again i do hope it all works out for you and your problem gets sorted out. Take care.

Jan 23, 2021
Welp bois, thank you for trying, fixed it, got new motherboard and bios went through but it wouldn't work after 2nd start but apperantly static made it not turn on, can't wait to play games instead of crappy frames :))))))

Solution