Software or Cracks! DVD on TV-OUT!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I have a Powercolor video card with TV-OUT. This one did not come with WinDVD 200, so I used my own copy. I get a message that it "cannot display images from copywrited DVD's to my TV out". And it doens't. InterVideo says that I need new drivers, to contact Macrovision for more info. Macrovision says that I need a special chip to enable copy protection, and that my card does not have it. So I can't watch DVD on my TV! I bought the damn card to use in my home theater PC, so this could be a real problem! InterVideo says it isn't their fault, the block is required by law whenever this protection hardware is not present, via an agreement with Macromedia. Macromedia has no care for end users and refuses to help. Who do I sue?
I tried FreeDVD, POS couldn't even detect my DVD drive. So now I'm looking into more questionable ways in order to watch my DVD's.
1.)Does anyone know of any decoder software I can use that will NOT disable the TV-OUT?
2.)If not, does anyone know how to hack the WinDVD 2000 program so I can disable the blocking feature?

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
We have a winner! Thanks for your reply. Since your the winner I guess the rest of these so-called experts are the loosers! Thanks a lot, I spent over 18 hours of time on this one. I even tried the illegal software from the russians! None of the cracks, tv tools, or illegal players worked, but this did! Not only do I get the pic, but with Macrovision disabled! I can copy all my DVD's to tape in professional quality! (This would be as backups only, in case I ruin a DVD of course, I would NEVER lend them out, trade them, or commit any other acts of copywrite infringement, suffice it to say!)

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

TRENDING THREADS