Solid Gaming Chair ~$100?

Sambuscus0

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
Not entirely sure if this is the right place to be asking, but anyone know of any solid gaming chairs (PC, of course) for under or about $100? I'm looking for solid comfort and something that won't fall apart the first time I sit on it. Thanks!

First, avoid any "leather" chairs as they will all be a bonded leather that will likely fall apart.

Look to the "material" type chairs, and look at customer comments.

I've not tried this chair, but reviews seem good (though they were for MY chair as it took over two years for the bonded leather to fall apart).
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/true-innovations-puresoft-task-chair-black/4384000.p?skuId=4384000

That one appears to be an "upholstery" material so not bonded leather.

I just use a regular wood dining room chair. I like it much more than those office type chairs. They hold up better and are more comfortable. You can pick them up for really cheap at a thrift shop or garage sale.

Those $100 chairs do not hold up. A good chair of that type are 24/7 dispatch chairs and cost around $1,000.

Possibly. You can also buy CUSHIONS as well. I bought a CAR cushion for a chair and it worked really well.

Have you OWNED the first chair for more than two years?

UPDATE: the customer review score is a bit low, and there are lots of reports below of different parts of the chair BREAKING. I couldn't recommend a chair like that.

That first one looks neat, though it says "leather" so I'm concerned it won't last more than two or three years. My chair had GREAT reviews . I always do my research, but the bonded leather just started peeling off it after a while.

I looked up on the internet and found it's a widespread problem that's apparently never been fixed, especially for cheaper items.

Probably won't have any problem with the RED, non-leather part.

(bonded leather goes by many names, even simply called "leather" which is wrong. I believe they take a bit of leather and mix it with other stuff, stamp it out and glue it to some other material. The bonded leather for my chair looked to be no more than 1mm thick.)

Yes and if there was no budget I would suggest a herman miller instead of a childs seat. Those are some of the best near the $100 OP requests. Now bonded leather peels but I'm setting on one right now that is peeling and fills the same. Started about 1~2 years after purchase and doesn't look great but fills the same. Its not hard leather so peeling and cracking doesn't hurt at all to set on. This is because its soft leather bond to cloth. If you rube your hand over the leather and cloth it fills about the same everywhere but the stitching area's.
The True Innovations chair gets low marks on height, value, and comfort.