[SOLVED] Solution for copying game files to other computers in same network

Jul 22, 2021
I am running a gaming Cafe with 10 PC's. There are 15+ steam games with updates coming out every other day. In our country we have limited bandwidth, so we have to copy whole game folder to all 10 PC's which is very much time consuming. is there any solution to auto syncing method or software to coping all games file to other computers in same network ? thanks

Solution
D
I would be extremely careful with the mirroring function because you can end up wiping out the good side where all your data lives and keeping the side that’s empty

Since you have no experience with Robo copy I would not suggest this for you not at all it was a bad suggestion to begin with

Total commander has a directories synchronizer built into it

kanewolf

Titan
I am running a gaming Cafe with 10 PC's. There are 15+ steam games with updates coming out every other day. In our country we have limited bandwidth, so we have to copy whole game folder to all 10 PC's which is very much time consuming. is there any solution to auto syncing method or software to coping all games file to other computers in same network ? thanks
rsync would be an obvious suggestion.

Reactions: PrediC90
If this is Windows, you could also create a batch script that runs robocopy with the options:
  • /MIR - mirrors the directory contents
  • /Z - this allows the operation to restart where it left off if there were errors
  • /w:5 - sets the retry time if something happens to 5 seconds from 20
Then either run it manually or have it run using Task Scheduler.

Reactions: PrediC90
Jul 22, 2021
If this is Windows, you could also create a batch script that runs robocopy with the options:
  • /MIR - mirrors the directory contents
  • /Z - this allows the operation to restart where it left off if there were errors
  • /w:5 - sets the retry time if something happens to 5 seconds from 20
Then either run it manually or have it run using Task Scheduler.

Thanks I will try this. where I can find any tutorials

D

Deleted member 14196

I would be extremely careful with the mirroring function because you can end up wiping out the good side where all your data lives and keeping the side that’s empty

Since you have no experience with Robo copy I would not suggest this for you not at all it was a bad suggestion to begin with

Total commander has a directories synchronizer built into it

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
How about get one system, which could be old to basically share a folder out of on your network with all the files on it. Have a workgroup set up and make sure all the PCs are part of the group. Then you can just go to each system as needed and download the files from your share.