Question Solution to microphone static? [HyperX Cloud]

kingbryan5000

Commendable
Apr 18, 2020
Hello, I know this topic has been done to death but I find a lot of them provide the same generic advice. I have recorded a snippet of the static that the microphone produces, this static has remained the same even after significant changes in hardware (new PSU, GPU, CPU, MOBO. Basically a new PC) My question is what could cause this? I'm not sure it's a grounding issue as it doesn't change when I put my hand on the case!

Would a soundcard make a difference? Is it just a case of needing better peripherals? Any help would be appreciated (PLEASE DON'T TELL ME TO TURN ON NOISE SUPPRESSION HOWEVER)

Cheers

CLIP OF THE STATIC SOUND

kingbryan5000

Commendable
Apr 18, 2020
Try the headset in other house or plug it into smartphone. When this started to happen? Recently, or you lived with it for a longer time?
This has happened for ages! I'll have to try it in another house. What's weird though is that it's still static even when the microphone isn't plugged in but when I select to listen to it.

RainingTacco

Prominent
Sep 21, 2019
This has happened for ages! I'll have to try it in another house. What's weird though is that it's still static even when the microphone isn't plugged in but when I select to listen to it.

It's either:
  1. Your AMP is badly tuned. If you have necessary drivers, then you can't do much.
  2. Your AMP is induced by residual voltage from not having the ground
  3. Your microphone is just broken
  4. Your motherboard audio line in is broken
  5. There's EMI affecting your front audio cable. Try to unplug the front audio cable from motherboard
  6. EMI affects your primary audio, there's nothing you can do, beside buying new card, preferably outside the case
  7. There are "noise" frequencies in your AC current, which are unfiltered by your PSU and they enter the system. UPS or power conditioner might help
  8. There's a ground loop, try to plug pc and monitor to one power socket/strip
  9. There's interference from WIFI/your phone, try to move them away from your microphone/audio.
I don't think there are more solutions to this problem frankly.

kingbryan5000

Commendable
Apr 18, 2020
So have you checked your headset on PC in other house, or on smartphone? I have similar problem so i would be glad if you could answer.
Hello, I have tried it on two laptops and it had the same problem so it might be the microphone itself. However I also tried some apple earphones and they also had static in the background and it cant be a grounding issue as the laptops weren't even plugged into anything. So i'm completely lost for answers.

I should note that I use an actual Desktop not a laptop.

TRENDING THREADS