[SOLVED] Solutions to 2 bars of wifi?

Dec 12, 2020
I live in a room that is across the whole house from my router, i was wondering any solutions to solve my 2 bars of wifi. i have heard people say about powerline and wifi adaptor, but powerline is unstable and wifi adaptor has a low bandwidth.
Which one should I get, or any other suggestions?
I have like 4 power outlets in my room, 1 telephone jack.
extra info: I play games which depends alot on ping. i live in canada. router on ground floor, i live upstairs.

Solution
its a rented house, but i would need like a longgggggg lan cable

does not matter , LAN cable can reach 100m without loss . and is cheaper than any Wifi hardware and better .

You have no other choice for gaming. Either run the LAn Cable in the walls , or from outside home up from window to window (or drill a little hole)

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
is it your house ? or a rented apartment ? If it is your house the best thing is to use LAN wire upstairs from outside the house , u can use the window for that ... if you dont want to route it inside the walls. dont rely on wifi for gaming at all.

Why do you think powerline iine is unstable and has low bandwidth wifi.

Powerline is a LOT more stable than any wifi connection. If you were to buy a powerline unit with wifi in the remote end the limitation in speed tends to be the powerline network and not the wifi radio.

If your main purpose is to play games then you plug you pc into the powerline unit and don't use any form of wifi. Games don't care about bandwidth they care about consistent latency.
Wifi gets interference and you get jitter in the which will cause lag in games.

If you buy the newer powerline units like av2-1000 or av2-2000 you should be able to get close to 300mbps and have a extremely stable latency to your router.

Dec 12, 2020
Why do you think powerline iine is unstable and has low bandwidth wifi.

Powerline is a LOT more stable than any wifi connection. If you were to buy a powerline unit with wifi in the remote end the limitation in speed tends to be the powerline network and not the wifi radio.

If your main purpose is to play games then you plug you pc into the powerline unit and don't use any form of wifi. Games don't care about bandwidth they care about consistent latency.
Wifi gets interference and you get jitter in the which will cause lag in games.

If you buy the newer powerline units like av2-1000 or av2-2000 you should be able to get close to 300mbps and have a extremely stable latency to your router.
thanks! i will probably buy a powerline then.