[SOLVED] [SOLVED] BSOD] Critical Process Died, No Minidump + Random

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad Fisher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
Good morning!

Looking for some help here as I'm getting very stressed out.

I can't guarantee my issue is my NEW SSD but, it's weird that its been happening since I have got it.

My computer will randomly crash, when idle, or under load. I will get the error CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with no Minidump.

I have updated windows, reinstalled all drivers, such as GPU drivers, uninstalled them etc.

When I go into Safe mode, I didn't seem to crash which then makes me think it is a driver issue.

I really dont know what else to do so any ideas would be great thank you!

Specs:

i5 4690k
16GB RAM
GTX 1070

Samsung Evo 840 500GB for OS Drive

Solution
I can't guarantee my issue is my NEW SSD but, it's weird that its been happening since I have got it.

My computer will randomly crash, when idle, or under load. I will get the error CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with no Minidump.
Critical Process Died is a windows error - what I mean is that the only causes of it are corrupted windows files. Can be hardware since bad hardware can corrupt windows.

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

it...

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your motherboard and it's BIOS version?
Make and model of your PSU and it's age?
Which OS version are you on if you're Windows 10?
What rams are you working with on your platform?
Did you clone the OS drive onto your SSD? If so, reinstall the OS from scratch.

Chad Fisher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
Hi my MB Model is ASUS H81M-C I updated the BIOS.

PSU is only a year old. Littrually just updated to latest windows to try and fix it.
Only thing I did do was clone it. But it was working perfectly fine for a week. Then starting crashing. Now I’m struggling to do anything on safe mode as it keeps freezing and explorer keeps crashing. Forget normal mode

Colif

Win 11 Master

Critical Process Died is a windows error - what I mean is that the only causes of it are corrupted windows files. Can be hardware since bad hardware can corrupt windows.

right click start button

and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

it could be ssd as you not getting a Dump file. That could mean the ssd crashed and since dump file is meant to go onto the device that just crashed, you get nothing. That and the errors didn't occur before you got the ssd

Have you run Samsung magician on the SSD and run Diagnostics? - https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/

Solution

Chad Fisher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013

right click start button

and press enter

it could be ssd as you not getting a Dump file. That could mean the ssd crashed and since dump file is meant to go onto the device that just crashed, you get nothing. That and the errors didn't occur before you got the ssd

Have you run Samsung magician on the SSD and run Diagnostics? - https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/
thank you for the reply!

yes, I had run all the windows features to repair the OS etc no issues were found. I used Samsung magician but no issues.

so I tried clean install of Windows on the Samsung ssd which I thought worked, but 15 minutes later I get a crash again.

so I’ve put my old 240GB ssd back in and clean installed on that. Had no issues since I’ve done it. Was gaming on it all night, I even ran a system stress test, cpu, gpu, ram and SSD for about an hour. No issues

waiting to phone Samsung up tomorrow to get a new one... only a month old and cost £85

Thank you for the reply’s!

Status
Not open for further replies.