[SOLVED] [Solved]Disk Drive Disappeared, Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2020
Hello,

About two weeks ago I bought a brand new PC from a computer store. I installed Windows 10 on it and have been using it since without any issues. Today after working on a blender project of mine, I noticed that certain shortcuts on my desktop were blank, and the programs couldn't be run, giving the error "The drive or network connection that the shortcut refers to is unavailable. I went to look at my partition D is completely gone, along with everything that was on it. I searched around the computer and couldn't find anything, and I couldn't find a working solution on the internet either. The PC has a 240GB SSD, taken up by the C partition and works perfectly, and a 1TB HDD, which was entirely taken by the D partition. Other specifications are:

AMD AM4 Athlon X4 Quad-Core 950, 3.80GHz
8GB DDR4
nVidia GeForce GT 1030 2GB

I had a lot of important files on that drive that I would like to recover if at all possible, and any help would be appreciated.

Remeca

Prominent
Aug 30, 2019
Ouch, looks like it got formatted somehow? Anyway, there's some file recovery tools you can use to try to recover the files, or you could take it to a file recovery service.

Remeca

Prominent
Aug 30, 2019
Recuva is the only one I'm very familiar with, I used it to recover some accidentally deleted files. Not sure if it would work in your case though, because I think Recuva needs the drive allocated, formatted, and assigned a drive letter. You could do all that, but you run the risk of overwriting any data or messing up the file tables. I'd try starting a new thread in these forums, a lot of people know more about self data recovery than me.

Jan 24, 2020
Well, this is weird, after two hours of messing around with no results I turned the PC off and went to sleep. Today when I woke up, the drive just magically appeared again. So I guess the problem solved itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS