[SOLVED] [Solved]Disk Drive Disappeared, Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2020
Hello,

About two weeks ago I bought a brand new PC from a computer store. I installed Windows 10 on it and have been using it since without any issues. Today after working on a blender project of mine, I noticed that certain shortcuts on my desktop were blank, and the programs couldn't be run, giving the error "The drive or network connection that the shortcut refers to is unavailable. I went to look at my partition D is completely gone, along with everything that was on it. I searched around the computer and couldn't find anything, and I couldn't find a working solution on the internet either. The PC has a 240GB SSD, taken up by the C partition and works perfectly, and a 1TB HDD, which was entirely taken by the D partition. Other specifications are:

AMD AM4 Athlon X4 Quad-Core 950, 3.80GHz
8GB DDR4
nVidia GeForce GT 1030 2GB

I had a lot of important files on that drive that I would like to recover if at all possible, and any help would be appreciated.

Jan 24, 2020
This is what I get, initialization does not work.
pl9ZarHQj

Remeca

Reputable
Recuva is the only one I'm very familiar with, I used it to recover some accidentally deleted files. Not sure if it would work in your case though, because I think Recuva needs the drive allocated, formatted, and assigned a drive letter. You could do all that, but you run the risk of overwriting any data or messing up the file tables. I'd try starting a new thread in these forums, a lot of people know more about self data recovery than me.

Jan 24, 2020
Well, this is weird, after two hours of messing around with no results I turned the PC off and went to sleep. Today when I woke up, the drive just magically appeared again. So I guess the problem solved itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.