[SOLVED] [Solved] MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WIFI no post | ez debug CPU light and instantly shuts off.

Dec 28, 2022
Hello. Yesterday when I went to restart my PC, it didn't turn on. Pressing the power button, I got the CPU ez debug light and it shut off instantly after. Unplugging the CPU or removing all sticks of ram would get it to stay running but obviously not boot. No matter what RAM is used in whatever slot, it doesn't boot with memory installed. Even tried updating the bios with the flash USB option whilst the memory was removed and it still doesn't boot. Been wanting to replace the PSU for awhile as it's old and not lubricated anymore. CPU was bought two years ago and motherboard 7 months ago.
I haven't reseated the CPU or tried using it in my old Gigabyte B450M DS3-H as I'd have to get more thermal paste first.

SPECS:
Motherboard - MSI MAG X570 tomahawk WIFI
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (non-X)
GPU - AMD Radeon RX 580
RAM - 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CAS 16-18-18-36
PSU - Thermaltake TR2 600W (TR2-600NL2NC

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Solution
RM lineup is also not a good choice. Poor quality capacitors (Lineup RM uses different capacitors than currently used in other models)
There are several flaws in RM models and especially in 1000w models
Seasonic or EVGA.
Depending on the values you're looking for, EVGA is usually cheaper and the level of capacitors the EVGA G6 models use the same as those from Seasonic, if I'm not mistaken it was even a partnership they made.
Hello. Yesterday when I went to restart my PC, it didn't turn on. Pressing the power button, I got the CPU ez debug light and it shut off instantly after. Unplugging the CPU or removing all sticks of ram would get it to stay running but obviously not boot. No matter what RAM is used in whatever slot, it doesn't boot with memory installed. Even tried updating the bios with the flash USB option whilst the memory was removed and it still doesn't boot. Been wanting to replace the PSU for awhile as it's old and not lubricated anymore. CPU was bought two years ago and motherboard 7 months ago.
I haven't reseated the CPU or tried using it in my old Gigabyte B450M DS3-H as I'd have to get more thermal paste first.

SPECS:
GPU - AMD Radeon RX 580

Toss the psu I just got done testing one from a old PC I upgraded for a student these things are PC bombs

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022

SPECS:
GPU - AMD Radeon RX 580

Apparently this psu has several problems, but what I advise you to do is remove the battery from the board and put a new one.
Just for us to try

Read This :

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2022
Apparently this psu has several problems, but what I advise you to do is remove the battery from the board and put a new one.
Just for us to try
I do appreciate the continued insight on the definitive notion of getting a new PSU.
I just used a battery from a board which I know works; still demonstrates the white CPU led, quickly cycles to boot and back to CPU, then shutting down.

Reactions: th3reaperskullpt

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
That's a reasonable comment, haha. My eyes have been set on a 2021 Corsair RM850 gold certified PSU anyways. Would be my first brand new PSU so not having any shaft bearing issues and that warranty sounds excellent.

RM lineup is also not a good choice. Poor quality capacitors (Lineup RM uses different capacitors than currently used in other models)

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
Seasonic or EVGA.
Depending on the values you're looking for, EVGA is usually cheaper and the level of capacitors the EVGA G6 models use the same as those from Seasonic, if I'm not mistaken it was even a partnership they made.

Solution
Dec 28, 2022
Seasonic or EVGA.
I certainly appreciate your information. I was researching PSU's as you replied and the G6 was indeed the one showing up as a superior choice. In that case, as power is becoming more concerning, should I just get a 1000 watt G6 so I can go about upgrading my GPU and CPU in the future?

Reactions: th3reaperskullpt

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
I certainly appreciate your information. I was researching PSU's as you replied and the G6 was indeed the one showing up as a superior choice. In that case, as power is becoming more concerning, should I just get a 1000 watt G6 so I can go about upgrading my GPU and CPU in the future?
850W is enough for Ryzen 7 and RX 6800XT for example, now if you are looking for something above that, yes, a 1000w one is better