[SOLVED] [SOLVED] Need Help, PC not booting with new RAM

Aug 4, 2020
Hi! I have a ASUS 250M Prime Plus Motherboard, and was using 2x4gb Patrior 2400MHz sticks, i bought 2 8gb 2666MHz sticks from GLOWAY , but my pc doesnt boot (no display) when i add in the new sticks, even tried changing slots and nothing happend, when i go back to the original sticks it works fine and says it has booted in safe mode. I never updated my BIOS, could it be it? Please help!

Edit1: Ok i removed the original sticks, plugged the new ones and removed and placed back the mobo battery, somehow it booted but its only showing 8gb of memory, apparently the one on slot 2 is not working or connected right , i will try to find out and get back to you guys

Last edited:
Solution
Try the stick of ram you know works in each slot. If it works in all slots then the problem is the ram itself
Mate, first of all thank you for your help!

This was basic an M. Night Shyamalan movie, with the twist in the end. I was about to surrender when i tried using the new sticks in the 2,3 position, and it booted with 16gb, and DUAL CHANNEL, yes for some reason my mobo went from 1,3 2,4 to 1,4 2,3. i know because before that i was using in dual channel in 1,3. Now everything makes sense , as in the old pattern i was combining the old and new ram in the same channel. I dont know how my mobo changed that, but it did, anyways now with 24gb of ram i can use 1 mod on cities skylines and MAYBE launch rust (But joining a server...
Aug 4, 2020
when placing the sticks, use the second and fourth slot, not side by side. If they both do not show then return the ram.
For some reason they dont show together, both sticks appear to be working but when one does, the other doesnt, and when i also put my old sticks then the system doesnt boot . I always use 1,3 and 2,4 positions, end never pair different sticks

Aug 4, 2020
That does seem very strange... I would definitely return the ram and order some from corsair/g.skill etc. It is also possible one or two of the ram slots itself is faulty.
i wish i could, i live in a third world country (Brazil), and it is ungodly expensive to buy stuff here, just the chinese RAM cost me 1/3 of a minimum wage. I am thinking of flashing the BIOS , but before that i will try other stuff

Aug 4, 2020
Try the stick of ram you know works in each slot. If it works in all slots then the problem is the ram itself
Mate, first of all thank you for your help!

This was basic an M. Night Shyamalan movie, with the twist in the end. I was about to surrender when i tried using the new sticks in the 2,3 position, and it booted with 16gb, and DUAL CHANNEL, yes for some reason my mobo went from 1,3 2,4 to 1,4 2,3. i know because before that i was using in dual channel in 1,3. Now everything makes sense , as in the old pattern i was combining the old and new ram in the same channel. I dont know how my mobo changed that, but it did, anyways now with 24gb of ram i can use 1 mod on cities skylines and MAYBE launch rust (But joining a server would need at least 128gb).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS