[SOLVED] SOLVED - New CPU and Motherboard, can’t boot past BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylejazzman

Honorable
Mar 8, 2016
I upgraded my CPU and Motherboard today, I was able to figure out the boot up issue I had, but now I can’t move past the bios. It boots correctly and allows me to restart, but it just keeps looping back to the bios. Could use some help

ASUS H670-Plus D4
i5-12400F
GTX 1060
4x4 HyperX
EVGA 500W

Last edited:
Solution
I upgraded my CPU and Motherboard today, I was able to figure out the boot up issue I had, but now I can’t move past the bios. It boots correctly and allows me to restart, but it just keeps looping back to the bios. Could use some help

ASUS H670-Plus D4
i5-12400F
GTX 1060
4x4 HyperX
EVGA 500W

This seems like a PC that can't find a boot device. How is your boot configuration setup? Do you remember how it was set before? Changing settings like EFI and Secure Boot can lead to the computer not finding the boot device.

Are you using RAID? Changing the internal controller between AHCI and RAID also breaks the OS boot process, although in this case it doesn't go straight to BIOS (it would try to initiate the OS and fail with an...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include old and new components.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Include Disk drive(s) make, model, capacity, how full?

Did you do a fresh Windows install?

ASUS H670-Plus D4
i5-12400F
GTX 1060
4x4 HyperX
EVGA 500W

This seems like a PC that can't find a boot device. How is your boot configuration setup? Do you remember how it was set before? Changing settings like EFI and Secure Boot can lead to the computer not finding the boot device.

Are you using RAID? Changing the internal controller between AHCI and RAID also breaks the OS boot process, although in this case it doesn't go straight to BIOS (it would try to initiate the OS and fail with an error). Keep in mind Raid writes its configuration in the disks, so if you change motherboards you have to keep the previous one's settings and the new one must have a compatible controller.

Did you reinstall your OS? Upgrading CPU and Motherboard on an existing OS can be a nightmare, as pretty much every device has changed and needs new drivers. But again, in this case it should start loading the OS before thowing a thousand errors.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.