{SOLVED} WD Blue M2 SSD not showing in Disk management

Dec 4, 2020
I have tried almost any remedy found on this site so far with no avail, as well as anything I can find on google haha. My Western Digital Blue M2 SATA SSD has been showing up in BIOS, and Device manager, but does not show up at all within Disk manager. I have tried putting the M2 in the M2A and B port on my motherboard ( GIGABYTE B550M DS3H Ultra Durable) but it still shows up the same way. I have made sure my BIOS are updated, as well as updating my CPU drivers, and graphics card etc.. The disk within device manager says "the device is working properly" but that is all. I have also attempted uninstalling the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers which I knew a lot of websites suggested for this issue, but it simply continued to do the same thing after it self reinstalled the. Could it be some issue with my other hard drive being plugged into my SATA 0 port making my M2 ports not show in disk??? At this point I'm just purely confused lmao. I can follow up with screenshots as well as video of the issue if needed.. I have hit a mental block on the situation.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on at the moment? F10? What will the SSD be used for? What is your OS installed on currently? The motherboard manual doesn't state anything about the SATA ports sharing M.2 slots.

Dec 4, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on at the moment? F10? What will the SSD be used for? What is your OS installed on currently? The motherboard manual doesn't state anything about the SATA ports sharing M.2 slots.
I have updated my BIOS to the newest version which would be F11, I planned on reinstalling windows 10 onto this ssd, as well as some of my games so the load times are faster. My other hard drive being used at the moment is a Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM008 2TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare Drive . This is where my OS is currently installed as well as all my basic files etc. And I didn't believe so but at this point im just spitballing ideas haha.

Nov 25, 2020
I have tried almost any remedy found on this site so far with no avail, as well as anything I can find on google haha. My Western Digital Blue M2 SATA SSD has been showing up in BIOS, and Device manager, but does not show up at all within Disk manager. I have tried putting the M2 in the M2A and B port on my motherboard ( GIGABYTE B550M DS3H Ultra Durable) but it still shows up the same way. I have made sure my BIOS are updated, as well as updating my CPU drivers, and graphics card etc.. The disk within device manager says "the device is working properly" but that is all. I have also attempted uninstalling the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers which I knew a lot of websites suggested for this issue, but it simply continued to do the same thing after it self reinstalled the. Could it be some issue with my other hard drive being plugged into my SATA 0 port making my M2 ports not show in disk??? At this point I'm just purely confused lmao. I can follow up with screenshots as well as video of the issue if needed.. I have hit a mental block on the situation.
I read up on the manual for the motherboard, and it does not say that having an HDD in a certain SATA port disables an M.2 port, although that is the case for other certain motherboards, so I wouldn't say it's out of question, but perhaps it's not the issue. Did you partition the drive? To my knowledge that may be an issue

Dec 4, 2020
Check windows storage spaces.
Remove the drive from windows storage spaces and it will appear in Disk Management.
holy crap you are a god send, that worked. I originally tried just uninstalling it from the storage pool in storage space... not deleting the actual pool. Thank you so much for your help

Dec 4, 2020
I read up on the manual for the motherboard, and it does not say that having an HDD in a certain SATA port disables an M.2 port, although that is the case for other certain motherboards, so I wouldn't say it's out of question, but perhaps it's not the issue. Did you partition the drive? To my knowledge that may be an issue
Thanks for the suggestion, it did not give me an option to partition because it for some reason automatically added it to the windows storage space.. Everything is all figured out now though, thanks for you help!

TRENDING THREADS