[SOLVED] Some apps won't connect to the internet on Windows 10.

Feb 4, 2020
Some apps like Discord, WhatsApp, Spotify and Windows Update can't connect to the internet. uTorrent, Steam, Chrome and some others do. I didn't change anything on the system. Just reset the PC after it froze and became unresponsive today. I tried:

• Restarting the PC.
  • Tried resetting the firewall settings and disabling the firewall completely.
  • Restarted the modem. I don't have any ports configured for the PC. Nothing is blocked on the modem.
  • I can connect to Discord and Spotify on the web. It can't be my ISP.
  • Booting in safe mode didn't help.
  • Malwarebytes won't find any irregularities.
  • sfc /scannow found and repaired things but it didn't help.
Couldn't solve it yet. Help needed.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Looks like you might have a corruption with your OS. You might want to use Malwarebytes and run a scan of the system in case you've been infected.

Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? Backup your critical content from your OS drive in case you might have to reinstall your OS, since Windows Update being unable to connect is a bad sign.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Looks like you might have a corruption with your OS. You might want to use Malwarebytes and run a scan of the system in case you've been infected.

Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? Backup your critical content from your OS drive in case you might have to reinstall your OS, since Windows Update being unable to connect is a bad sign.

Reactions: portakal
Solution
Feb 4, 2020
Hello, thank you for having me.

I'm at version 1903. I was at the latest but removed it while trying to solve the problem. By the way I realize Windows Update successfully checks and finds updates but can't download them.

I ran a Malwarebytes scan but couldn't find anything. I find it strange that only certain apps are offline but don't have the technical knowledge to further inspect it.

If I can't find a solution until the weekend I'll have to reinstall the OS.

Thank you for your time.