Some Keyboard Keys not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

logan77

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
I'm not sure if i'm in the right section but a few of my keyboard keys aren't working:c v h to be exact(this took a lot of copy and pasting). This includes my physical keyboard and the on screen keyboard. I tried re installing the driver. Weirder still is that ctrl+c still works for copy as well as ctrl+v. This just started today. It was a pain writing this.

Thanks in advance,
Logan77

helion

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
I have had the exact same problem, with the exact same keys not working in as much as could be discovered: c, v, and h small letters.

The fix I found was to do this: Switch off all power supply to the computer, and hold the power-on switch depressed for about a minute(or if you feel more convenient with it, use a jumper across the power switch's pins on the mobo :D). Switch on the power supply and operate as usual. It must work. I'm still looking for how and why it happens, but it worked.

Dwood111

Reputable
May 26, 2014
My keyboard is heavy on software, It's a Micrsoft Wired Keyboard 600 and I use the software to lock my Windows key, every once in a while I accidentally hit it and it does it's job to remind me that the key is locked (it might even be that I hit Windows+KEY trying to hit CTRL+KEY). But here's where the problem starts. After I hit Windows Key it locks it to ON when it's suppose to prevent it from functioning at all. Now whenever I hit certain keys like r, u, etc etc it uses the Windows+KEY functions and starts opening stuff I don't want, even in the middle of playing a game.

Here's the steps I used to resolve this.
I go into the processes and End itype.exe.
Hit the Windows key. (Mind you this is where YOUR problem starts, now my c,v,h keys don't do anything.)
Now after I have done this, I hit the Windows key again and it suddenly fixes itself and doesn't come up after hitting the Windows key again.

Now I'm thinking this is a major bug in the itype.exe process and software. But I hope this helps if it happens again in the future and Microsoft should really fix this issue as updating to latest Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard drivers/software does NOT fix this issue, yet.
I am running Windows 7 x64.

EstampaNegra

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
this is an old thread, so I'm hoping not too old. My e, d and c keys have been stuck. I tried your fix, and took out the battery (switch off all power includes the battery, right?). held down the on/off key for a minute and reconnected battery and cable. Maybe I did something wrong - it didn't work for me.

Mmmeeeuuu

Reputable
Oct 13, 2014

hello brother
for me it worked. just hold down the windows key, you should se a symbol bottom right telling you your keys are not activated. i clicked on it and now my keys are back to normal. Mine is in french, that's why i cannot tell you exactly what will be written bottom right.
If that doesnt work, try ctrl+windows key.
If it ever happen again you wont have to reboot your cpu.
mucho love

Status
Not open for further replies.