Question Some keys on my laptop dont work and I dont know whats wrong

Mar 25, 2020
Hello for starters this is my first time posting on any forum so please bear with me a little bit.

I have had this problem for quite a while now and I have tried literally everything. Long story short I use my laptop mostly for videogames and little work and I usually play old school games and sometimes Leauge of Legends. But recently my friends have encouraged me to play some really hardware demanding battle royale games, and then the problems started to occur. First, I noticed my {ESC} key wasn't responding but I ignored it and just mapped the key to my mouse. Then some other keys stopped responding like 1, tab, q, and finally, the last key that died was capslock. And after that I wouldn't play does high demanding games for some time and just played what I usually play and the keys that "died," would again begin to function. But recently I had the urge to play some battle royale games again and now the keys previously mentioned just " died," and arent functioning at all. These keys wouldn't even function when I enter BIOS.

To this day I have tried these solutions: a) Updating all drivers on my laptop, b) reinstalling my OS c)opening my laptop and cleaning it d) contacting hardware support.

All of these solutions yielded zero results to uncovering what's causing the keys to "die," nor how to solve it. What I have found out so far ( and I am definitely not an expert ) is that my laptop has two graphic cards ( I think ) Nvidia GeForce GTX1050 and an Intel(R) HD Graphics 630. So when the Intel card is running ( now even that doesn't help ) the keys would work fine, but when the Nvidia card was running the keys would slowly "die" out. I have taken the laptop to my local repair shop and they told me they haven't encountered a problem like that ever, and that it is probably a motherboard issue but because I have spotted this issue a bit late the warranty has sadly passed. Even while typing this I had to use an on-screen keyboard. Hope someone can help me figure out what's wrong and here is some more info I gathered that might help:

1. All of these keys are located on the top left side of the keyboard.
  2. Using an exterior keyboard does work ( but is very inconvenient)
  3. The keys that "die" wouldn't "die" instantly but would slowly register fewer inputs ( for example out of 7 inputs they would first register 5, then after 30 mins 3, then stop responding altogether).

Information about my laptop:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
System Model HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2496 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8,00 GB
GeForce GTX 1050
Input : Standard PS/2 Keyboard