[SOLVED] Some questions before upgrading my SSD

themiziko

Reputable
Sep 19, 2017
Hello everyone!

So, I wanted to upgrade my SSD. Currently, I'm using Samsung 960 Evo 250GB, NVMe PCIe M.2
However, I quickly started to run out of space and moving my games and files to my HDD really slowed everything down. I wanted to upgrade this setup to 2x 250gb or 2x500gb SSD

Would combining 2xSSD make everything run faster, like when combining 2xgraphics card ? or should I stick to one high-capacity SSD? like one 500gb or 1tb?

And what SSD are currently "the best"? any recommendations on some good quality SSD? :)

Solution
No, "combining" them won't make it run any faster.

Just get another larger one, leave your OS and applications where they are on the 960, and move some games or whatever to the new larger one.

For 'games and other files', a SATA III SSD is just fine. You'd not see any speed benefit with another NVMe, even if your motherboard can utilize 2 of them.

Samsung 860 EVO or Crucial MX500, in whatever size your budget allows.

USAFRet

Titan
No, "combining" them won't make it run any faster.

Just get another larger one, leave your OS and applications where they are on the 960, and move some games or whatever to the new larger one.

For 'games and other files', a SATA III SSD is just fine. You'd not see any speed benefit with another NVMe, even if your motherboard can utilize 2 of them.

Samsung 860 EVO or Crucial MX500, in whatever size your budget allows.

Reactions: themiziko
Solution