SOMEONE BUILD ME A CUSTOM PC x

Oct 24, 2018
Hey guys

basically I am a computer NOOB and i want somene to build me (message me all the parts) a custom pc for around $1200. completely from scratch with win 10 as OS.

I am not in touch with what you can achieve this budget in the computer world right now, but im guessing you can make something pretty good for 1.2k. I may be wrong.

I do not expect the pc to run arma 3 on ultra graphics without a frame drop (not gonna complain if it does, as i said im not sure) but basically the goal is to make the best pc for $1200. It would be VERY much appreciated.

I would like the monitor to be around 20 - 24 inches width and i would like a keyboard, case, headset and mouse included.

ALSO. I've literally never done this before so im wondering what the deal is with setting it up? I know its meant to be easy, just like building legos but if im buying components from multiple different sites how am i gonna get a manual to tell me how to set it up? or is there going to be a guide that comes with the case or something saying where everything goes?

**THIS ISNT MUCH OF A CONCERN BECAUSE I AM FRIENDS WITH COMPUTER SAVVY PEOPLE WHO COULD SET IT UP IF I GIVE THEM ALL THE PARTS, BUT ID PREFER TO DO IT MYSELF**

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

*Post edited by moderator - removal of certain terms. Check your private message box*

CrazyDingo

Reputable
May 1, 2015
Build? If you just want the parts list lots of people here will do that for free.
Assemble? Sounds like you're wanting to do that.
Manuals for the different bits (e.g. mobo, case) come with those parts, but there's no overall manual for individual builds.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
There is a little thing called YouTube where a plethora of people over the span of god knows how many years have released videos on building a PC.

Also, everything that plugs into the PC uses it's own unique connection. No two connectors are alike.

Plus, everything that isn't blatantly obvious as to what get's plugged in is clearly labeled on the motherboard itself.

As for a build that plays ARMA III (since that's the only game you talked about wanting to play) for your budget, I give you the following.

(p.s. - this build is for if you're purchasing parts in America. Since some parts are not available in certain countries, or some parts are cheaper in other countries than the ones I am providing, I recommend you tell us what country you're in.)

Since you can download, install, and use Windows 10 completely free with only a watermark in the bottom right corner asking you to activate I did not include it in the build since you can pay for an activation later on when you have the money just to remove the watermark.

And since you stated you wanted a complete build I assume this budget is to include having a monitor, mouse, and keyboard so I went ahead and built you a complete setup within budget that includes these things.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($88.00 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($47.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card ($259.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($57.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($55.06 @ B&H)
Monitor: BenQ - GW2470ML 23.8" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor ($114.00 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Redragon - K552 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech - G203 Prodigy Wired Optical Mouse ($26.59 @ Amazon)
Total: $1159.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-24 23:21 EDT-0400

Oct 24, 2018

THANK you so much bro this is excellent have a great day! <3

4745454b

Titan
I'd make some changes.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/KmgzK8/seasonic-focus-gold-550w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-550fm
$55+ for a bronze PSU is just too much in this day and age. Unless that's really the best you can get due to your location, I'd get something more like the above. It's only $4 more, but it's a much better PSU.

$90 on a CPU cooler? There has to be a better option. That's a lot to spend on a cooler. It also seems really odd to me that you are spending $90 on a cooler, and then mate it to a B450 board. And then even though it supports the second gen ryzen, slap a first gen chip in there. I know the 1700 is good but the whole setup seems odd to me. Either keep the big cooler and mate it to an x470 board, or keep the B450 and drop the cooler down.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/adata-ultimate-su800-ssd-review,4824-2.html

I wouldn't get that SSD. Honestly, don't. If you drop the cooler to something in the $40-$50 range, and maybe even drop down to the 2600 in the $150 range, that brings the spare money up to $95. Spend that on the SSD so you don't get "performance" like that.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

Due to his budget constraints, I chose to pair a B450 with a 1st gen Ryzen in the off chance he wants to upgrade to a 2nd gen Ryzen or even a 3rd gen Ryzen if and when they come out.

I have personally had and used that specific ADATA SSD before with no issues and with it performing within the specifications it says it does. The SU650 series however is another story and is not a good value.

As for the PSU, I chose that specific bronze unit again due to his budget restraints and for the fact that it has more wattage support for his hardware, and I chose the cooler based on overclocking potential. Ryzen get's pretty hot when overclocking past 4Ghz. And, again, due to budget constraints, I chose a case that while decent, doesn't have all the room in the world for things like a beefy air cooler so I chose to go with an AiO instead.

I agree there are better options in terms of quality and performance, but for his budget, this is what he gets.
If he had more money to spend, or wasn't looking to get a mouse, keyboard, and monitor (which I assumed is what he wanted to get within his budget and since he didn't respond otherwise I still assume is what he wanted) I could've easily given him a FOCUS series PSU, and MX500 SSD, and a 2nd gen Ryzen.

As for your comment about an X470 board, that is completely unnecessary and has been proven that unless you're really trying to go for the absolute best and highest overclocks and also need all the extra bells and whistles then the B450 will overclock quite well and comes with everything most anybody needs onboard for features and it saves money.

I also could've gotten closer to his budget by getting right on the nose, or going past it by a few bucks but I don't personally believe in doing this, since when somebody gives a budget I always assume that the amount given is the absolute budget period and then take into consideration taxes and potential shipping costs for certain items and retailers.

But if you could provide a better build without going over budget while keeping in mind at least average tax rates in the US (just assume 10%) then by all means please do so. If you could somehow do that, then I personally could benefit from it since it could show me some things I must've been missing when it comes to certain products and their price to performance/value ratio and would help me to be able to offer better build suggestions to others in the future.

P.S. - Also keep in mind that the retailer B&H doesn't collect taxes for items purchased outside of either New York or New Jersey so that's why I specifically chose that retailer for some of the parts in order to potentially save the poster some money.

Oct 24, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from myself-2000 : "First computer build - suggestions for better parts/thoughts?"

Would like to know if people have any suggestions. Willing to add $100 on to this price for essential upgrades.

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($88.00 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($47.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card ($259.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($57.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($55.06 @ B&H)
Monitor: BenQ - GW2470ML 23.8" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor ($114.00 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Redragon - K552 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech - G203 Prodigy Wired Optical Mouse ($26.59 @ Amazon)
Total: $1159.56

MERGED QUESTION
Question from myself-2000 : "Suggestions for my First PC build - $1200 (Chop/Change)"

This should be better...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor ($264.90 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX8200 240GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($67.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($58.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB DUKE Video Card ($374.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake - View 22 Tempered Glass Edition ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($68.01 @ Newegg)
Monitor: AOC - E2425SWD 24.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor ($109.99 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Thermaltake - Commander Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($33.48 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1208.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-04 05:02 EST-0500