[SOLVED] Someone help me... pls

Aug 28, 2020
So this is my current setup

i36100
12gb 2133
Gtx1050
Generic psu

And recently my sister bought a used rx 570 since her rtx 2060 was still being shipped and its just a temporary gpu that she would lend me when she receive her new gpu. However, when I tried installing the rx570 on my system, i have noticed that theres no 6pin connector available in my generic psu. So what I did was I bought a sata to 6pin connector, and Im glad that it was able to power up the fans in my rx570. However the main problem was I was not able to see the “welcome” screen it was only being booted up until the bios page where windows would load and after that the display would not show anymore. I have tried changing monitors and to my surprise it worked, but there would be times where if I change from another monitor (sisters monitor) where it worked and when I go back to my own monitor it will then suddenly work, Idek why changing monitors back to back works. When I try booting with my own monitor however it will just boot until the bios setup and nothing more but there would be times where display on my monitor would show the desktop but it flickers aggressively. It is frustrating since i tried going back to my 1050 and my monitor worked perfectly fine.

feel free to ask any clarifications in my thread, english is not my first language so please take it easy on me xx

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
There are two concerns here.

1. Driver conflicts between the Nvidia driver you had and the AMD card you installed probably caused some of the display issues.

2. SATA to PCIE adapters are a terrible idea*. If a PSU doesn't have the appropriate connectors for the hardware you want to run, you need a new PSU, not an adapter.

*SATA is spec'd for around 50W, a 6pin is spec'd for 75W.

Aug 28, 2020

1. Driver conflicts between the Nvidia driver you had and the AMD card you installed probably caused some of the display issues.

2. SATA to PCIE adapters are a terrible idea. If a PSU doesn't have the appropriate connectors for the hardware you want to run, you need a new PSU, not an adapter.

2. SATA to PCIE adapters are a terrible idea. If a PSU doesn't have the appropriate connectors for the hardware you want to run, you need a new PSU, not an adapter.
Would uninstalling the nvidia driver i had installed before installing the amd drivers fix problem 1? Thank u for replying :))