[SOLVED] Something in my pc is clicking after i close a game and im not sure what

Jul 6, 2021
gpu rtx 2060 super inno3d
psu corsair gold 850w
90% sure its not a fan
-the sound comes between the gpu and psu
-the fans run constantly at 45% leading to 30c idle and 40c to 50c during load
-rendering on gpu dosent make this sound
-after playing a game for some time i hear a 3 minute clicking sound
-temps are normal during clicking
everything works during the clicking noise

what could be causing this? the psu is only a month old and didnt use to make this sound im thinking it might be gpu but really i just want to know how normal this is and if it is a sign of something going to poof soon.

Solution
The inside of a case can fool you as far as where a sound is coming from. If you had not mentioned there being no HDD inside I would have guessed that first.
My second guess lands on the PSU fan. I am not sure if that particular Corsair only runs fan on load or full time.

The single easiest thing to do would be to disable or stop each of the case fans in succession and see if the click goes away. Beyond that the thing to do would be to breadboard the components outside the case and test under load. This is going to eliminate case fans altogether and make it easy to pinpoint where the sound is coming from.

edit- air or water cooled?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The inside of a case can fool you as far as where a sound is coming from. If you had not mentioned there being no HDD inside I would have guessed that first.
My second guess lands on the PSU fan. I am not sure if that particular Corsair only runs fan on load or full time.

The single easiest thing to do would be to disable or stop each of the case fans in succession and see if the click goes away. Beyond that the thing to do would be to breadboard the components outside the case and test under load. This is going to eliminate case fans altogether and make it easy to pinpoint where the sound is coming from.

Solution
Jul 6, 2021

the cpu has a closed aio loop otherwise its air cooled. I think the psu fan runs only under load however wouldnt that also make it run when i do a half hour render of a somewhat graphics heavy scene in blender?