Question Something is messing with programs on my computer ?

nightowl5099

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
So the last few days I've had issues with playing YT videos at high quality. They'd always load slowly and get set to the lowest quality possible, even trying to up it would cause the video to take longer to load. Then I noticed my Google has slowed down on specific websites but streaming stuff like Twitch works fine albeit the quality still switches like it usually does. Then I noticed not too long ago that my Discord had trouble uploading stuff in messages, so that's where I realized it might be a computer issue. My internet shouldn't be a problem because it runs well at a download speed of 949 mbps and 910 mbps and if it were my computer slowing down because of lack of ram or storage space, other programs would be slowed too like my Adobe programs. I'm just not sure what to do here anymore.

Edit: Just to add it even messed with me being able to open Geforce Experience but that suddenly stopped occuring.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

it doesn't delete anything, it just stops non microsoft programs running at startup, easily reversed.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Try (on console) a traceroute to a slow site and see if it is losing something in the middle. On Windows usually:
tracert somewhere.com

Note that intermediate hops which don't reply to ICMP will fail without being an issue. You can try well-known places which have a good backbone as a measurement, e.g., "tracert amazon.com" or "tracert google.com".